The Official Berwick Rangers 2014/2015 Thread

In fairness to Coult he may have some cult hero potential. I once tweeted him 2-3 years back telling him his patter was shite and he replied with something fairly decent. Eventually I asked him about playing with Robbie Henderson in the famous Peterhead game, he said he'd rather shag his parents than play with him again :lol:

Hilarious, he sounds just about as funny as you...

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With 35,000 tweets of inane shite he's more likely to be my version of Bri's hatred for Lewis Turner. I'd have mentioned your dislike for Dalziel but we both know there's a lot of love deep within you towards him.

In fairness to Coult he may have some cult hero potential. I once tweeted him 2-3 years back telling him his patter was shite and he replied with something fairly decent. Eventually I asked him about playing with Robbie Henderson in the famous Peterhead game, he said he'd rather shag his parents than play with him again :lol:

Sign Henderson. Now.

My love for DL waned a smidge when he rejected my humble applause in order to run half the length of the pitch to hug his son after scoring a 30-yard cracker last season (need to check that, to be honest).

His priorities are goosed, but signing a new contract has meant we are 6th favourites for the top spot. So he could earn me some serious dosh and I'll be happy to buy him dinner in Rob Roy.

Ryan you don't appear to understand. Myself, BerwickMad, Redcar and Razor Bill, we run this forum. Carry on with your cheek at your own risk, because if you come to Berwick we'll be waiting for you.

Don't think you can hide either. Us and Clyde have one of the most unique relationships in Scottish football. If we don't find you, they will...

Think Coult started out with one of the BRFC junior teams at Shielfield, but that must be 10 years or so ago.

Recall seeing him playing for Cowden and he was outstanding, but wondered whether his star has been on the wane since then and he's a busted flush.

Can anyone shed some light on that?

Any news on Dougie Brydon? .......Ah, thought not.

coult came to Berwick in 2007 after playing on shielfield against the reserves with the now defunked Edinburgh Athletic in the EOS. He played a few reserve games, some as sub and got the call from Renwick as they were short of back up up front. Did he no come on early on in his debut and set Diack up twice in the 2 2 draw ??.

Brydon is pre seasonning with Berwick. His injury has been well rested, but if it reoccurs he's offski.

Around 3 weeks to the first friendly so plenty of time to build the squad up, but I'd like to see the net cast more widely than ex Cowden players (Andy Russell, signed, Lewis Coult, allegedly training with us) or guys who've had some previous connection to us (Maxwell, who trialled with us several seasons ago but was'nt signed at that point, though has been now). The league is shaping up to be the toughest one for years, and competitors are making some very impressive signings.So far, we have'nt. If Lee Currie goes, his loss will weaken us. So we need to be bringing in quality, rather than guys who will simply consolidate what we already have.

I remember him being in the reserves with the odd first team outing. Was a great player for Cowden. Don't think he did much at Airdrie. He's been making some noise on twitter about us and East Fife so let's see. I didn't think we were back to training yet anyway, but maybe it was this week. We need a pie and Bovril spy at our training camp. ;)

Training camp ? Would that be Haggerston Castle; the only gulag on British soil ?

Difficult start to the season. Arbroath at home

Wouldnt worry about us mate, lost one of our better players and our manager just as pre season has started, long shitty season starting off with getting gubbed after an 8 hour round trip awaits... :(

Depends who you appoint really. A lot of decent managers are dropping to this level. 7 weeks or so is more than enough time and I'd assume your budget will be one of the higher ones.

We really need to start making some signings now with training starting this week and Currie training with Hearts.

Depends who you appoint really. A lot of decent managers are dropping to this level. 7 weeks or so is more than enough time and I'd assume your budget will be one of the higher ones.

We really need to start making some signings now with training starting this week and Currie training with Hearts.

Getting blootered regardless anyways! ;)

Wouldnt worry about us mate, lost one of our better players and our manager just as pre season has started, long shitty season starting off with getting gubbed after an 8 hour round trip awaits... :(

See there's some discussion on your forum about Cameron being touted to replace Sheerin.

Any legs to that or is the usual tabloid guff?

He seems to be in the frame for every managerial post around at the moment. Not clear whether he is touting himself around or it's just lazy journos making bollocks up. Might be useful for CC to reassert his commitment to BRFC and honouring his contract (which is what, 2 years?)

Surely he wouldn't be touting himself around other part time clubs? Fully understand that it would be hard for him to turn down a full time job, but think he has a bit of work to do here before any full time club comes calling.

I doubt Arbroath would be happy about having to pay a rival compensation either.

And constant speculation about him leaving probably isn't the best thing considering we're looking to sign players. Where is this all coming from other than that 1 line in the Record linking him with the Falkirk short list? I don't think there's any point in worrying until the time he does actually leave. I would hope when that time comes it's because he's done a good job here.

See there's some discussion on your forum about Cameron being touted to replace Sheerin.

Any legs to that or is the usual tabloid guff?

He seems to be in the frame for every managerial post around at the moment. Not clear whether he is touting himself around or it's just lazy journos making bollocks up. Might be useful for CC to reassert his commitment to BRFC and honouring his contract (which is what, 2 years?)

It was in the Evening Tele which as far as I know isnt really a paper to just print anything off without substance to it, its the local boring paper that just updates Dundee and Angus on shitey day to day news so I dunno how much there is to it.

Surely he wouldn't be touting himself around other part time clubs? Fully understand that it would be hard for him to turn down a full time job, but think he has a bit of work to do here before any full time club comes calling.

I doubt Arbroath would be happy about having to pay a rival compensation either.

And constant speculation about him leaving probably isn't the best thing considering we're looking to sign players. Where is this all coming from other than that 1 line in the Record linking him with the Falkirk short list? I don't think there's any point in worrying until the time he does actually leave. I would hope when that time comes it's because he's done a good job here.

Dont think compo would be an issue after us getting compo for Sheerin who still had a year on his contract. I think Cameron lives locally? Im not really too fussed, I just want the right man in, was optimistic before Sheerin left, now im pretty worried with whats going to happen.

Archived