The Official Berwick Rangers 2014/2015 Thread

There's nothing to say he is. The Scotsman article gave a bit more light on it, it seems it was basically their 'technical director' tapping him up. The way he says it though is as if he's saying we'd like to take a look at Cameron but we'd like better if it's available. A quick search earlier on today suggested Falkirk fans wanted nothing to do with him too, which is a tad odd. Be a shame if he was to leave for somewhere that actually thinks he isn't good enough.

Technical Director Alex Smith said: “Colin was certainly involved in the running the last time the job was available. Things never worked out at that time as he had a pact with Lee.

“I am not aware if he will apply this time out, but like anyone else who is interested, he will need to be quick as Falkirk will need to move quickly as our pre-season starts before the end of the month.”

If he does get offered it, I wouldn't begrudge him it. It's a full-time job and good opportunity. It does leave us in a bit of a tough situation though, so I'd hope we were at least well compensated for the loss.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to put the Shire fans in the picture the truth is that the players were asked to come into Little Kerse the week after the season ended so they could be told what the next step was , many of the players thought this was a waste of time as the board members admitted at the same meeting that Craig Tully didn't know who was being resigned or released.which was strange at the time because the coaching staff had received an E mail weeks before the season ended that informed them that Mr Kevin Kelly and Tadek would be responsible for recruitment next season and that the future was going back to youth namely Connor Kelly son of Kevin .The strange thing was that this speech was being made by Tadek who at that time must have known who was staing and who was going unless Mr Kelly hadn't told him yet and that was the reason Coff didn't sign a new contract he was not going to be told who to sign and who not to sign and when Coff asked Mr Kelly how he was qualified to make these decisions and what his coaching experience was his reply was "I just coach the wee fat boys in my street " other comments like "it might not be a bad thing if we got relegated " and " You know 3 o,clock on a Saturday is not the be all and end all to us you know as long as we don't finish bottom" Well it did to Coff he has got more pride than that and more ambition.

And finally I hope Craig Tully and the lads do well next season for the good people at the club .

PS the board used to hate paying win bonuses .

Hopefully CC does stay, he was a great appointment by the club. Looking on t'internet there's a few names being linked with Falkirk such as Peter Houston so I imagine it's a rather open market as to who gets the job.

Feared the worst when I saw that the 1st friendly was away to...... Falkirk.

This could throw all signing plans into disarray. And we'd need a replacement player for Cameron himself. If Currie leaves, that takes a big chunk of quality from midfield.

Hopefully it might still not happen, but conspiracy theorists might note the friendly, Coughlin's resignation from ES, Maxwells signing from ES, Tommos availability to replace Cameron...

I expect Lee Currie and Robbie Horn to follow CC to Falkirk, with a couple of loan signings going the other way, and Barrels to be relocated brick by brick next to whatever shite stadium Falkirk play in these days. I've lost the plot.

Just off to stick my head down the toilet in dismay.

Feared the worst when I saw that the 1st friendly was away to...... Falkirk.

This could throw all signing plans into disarray. And we'd need a replacement player for Cameron himself. If Currie leaves, that takes a big chunk of quality from midfield.

Hopefully it might still not happen, but conspiracy theorists might note the friendly, Coughlin's resignation from ES, Maxwells signing from ES, Tommos availability to replace Cameron...

I expect Lee Currie and Robbie Horn to follow CC to Falkirk, with a couple of loan signings going the other way, and Barrels to be relocated brick by brick next to whatever shite stadium Falkirk play in these days. I've lost the plot.

Just off to stick my head down the toilet in dismay.

Tommo went to Spartans.

Delighted to see our soon to be manager Matt Kerr slam the Shire.

OK I forgot that Tommo had gone to Spartans AND I don't really think Robbie Horn will follow CC to Falkirk.

But no denial of the Falkirk rumours on the Berwick news update today, and the 1st Div potential signing has had 2nd thoughts (presumably a CC contact) and in the only reference to our management team it's Robbie Horn that gets quoted. No mention of Cameron.

We're doomed, Mr. Mainwaring....

If Cameron has applied for the Falkirk job I doubt he would be telling the club. I wouldn't expect them to release any kind of statement until he actually left.

And also, even if he did tell the club he was applying for a job, I don't think it would be wise for them to tell everyone. Doesn't put them in a very strong position in player recruitment if potential signings thought the manager was actively looking for other jobs. I'm quite happy that not every little thing is out in the open.

And also, even if he did tell the club he was applying for a job, I don't think it would be wise for them to tell everyone. Doesn't put them in a very strong position in player recruitment if potential signings thought the manager was actively looking for other jobs. I'm quite happy that not every little thing is out in the open.

Yeah agreed, what i was getting at was that if they knew Cameron hadn't applied for the job, then they might say so.

Actually it is not the end of the world if CC goes. We already have 80% of a very good squad and there should be decent money available to attract replacements for CC and Currie.

David doesn't know where Falkirk is. Nor does he give a toss.

Now, the halfway point between Berwick and Falkirk is Tranent - it is, honest. And gers fans know exactly what that means.

Conspiracy I tell yer.

Archived