The Official Berwick Rangers 2014/2015 Thread

Little memo to "Berwick-the-unbeatable". Iain Thomson along with every other shire squad member was invited to a meeting to discuss their future. I believe he did not attend. Those who didn't attend were written to. You should check your facts before slating a club. The Shire are a very professionally ran club, and take their treatment of players very seriously indeed. Just ask any other ex-players ( apart from Iain Thomson it would seem..)

You sacked him and didn't even tell him. You're a bunch of arseholes.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't only Thommo upset at the treatment he got to be fair. I've heard from a reliable source that other Shire players were none too pleased with the decision, including one who has signed on for next season.

You're not wrong. Prior to the last game of the season I listened into a conversation amongst the 'Shire players who'd arrived early and were strangely in the black and gold. They were discussing Coughlin leaving and how there was clearly something wrong at board level - the Thommo thing was probably the final straw.

I've made it clear what happened. Which part of " he was invited to a squad meeting " are you struggling to grasp? If you want to make things up as you go along, feel free - arsehole

I'd heard from a source close to Thomson that his "non-informing of the situation in person" was a cover story and that he was just sick of playing in front of crowds where opposition fans were in the majority every single week. I'm sure he'll find himself a bigger club in the EoS league.

So Shire organised a team meeting to announce their hiring and firing to players? It's hardly a wonder Thommo didn't turn up and others weren't happy!

It's supposed to be a semi-professional football football club, not the latest edition of the X-Factor Boot Camp or the Apprentice! If my work called me in to a similar style meeting I doubt I'd be attending either.

I've made it clear what happened. Which part of " he was invited to a squad meeting " are you struggling to grasp? If you want to make things up as you go along, feel free - arsehole

Are you telling us he only got dumped because he didn't go to a meeting? If he'd turned up would he still be playing for Shire?

Surely the gaffer can arrange a personal chat for someone who might reasonably expect a new offer?

Meanwhile, some decent reports elsewhere about Maxwell, so left flank gets some welcome reinforcement. Still waiting news on Lee Currie. Also, anyone know any more on Steve Notmans knee injury? Key player.

Funny that because according to my app, every time I've been online, so have you. I'll give you this though. You seem very interested in the inner workings of a club you describe as a bunch of "arseholes"

P.s. Redcar, what I'm saying is that every reasonable method was used by the club to discuss every players future. Perhaps you should pass your pearls of wisdom on to the shire board - they'll be really keen to hear from you . This is getting painful now....

A big green light comes up next to your name. It's fairly obvious. The most pathetic reading on here is usually in a Clyde thread. Has Charnley been fighting with his own fans recently?

Funny that because according to my app, every time I've been online, so have you. I'll give you this though. You seem very interested in the inner workings of a club you describe as a bunch of "arseholes"

P.s. Redcar, what I'm saying is that every reasonable method was used by the club to discuss every players future. Perhaps you should pass your pearls of wisdom on to the shire board - they'll be really keen to hear from you . This is getting painful now....

You got me! I spent the whole night drafting a 50 word reply to you.

Or rather, I went to sleep about midnight, had a pish about 4am, got up at half 6 for the gym, got a shower, then had a look at Pnb whilst walking the dog and spent about 30 seconds replying to your desperate attempts to defend the undefendable.

By the way, were you really sitting there staring at a green dot all night waiting for a reply from me before you went to sleep? No wonder you're so touchy.

What's indefensible? He wasn't offered a new contract, and the club tried to let him know in person. When that wasn't possible, they wrote to him. Again,what would you have done? Maybe Berwick can sign him and we can all sleep easy..

My club have done nothing wrong, and I don't take kindly to hard working people being labelled arseholes by randoms who don't have the first clue what they are talking about.

ti be fair tae the boy he might be talkin sense ive heard some rumors that the lads wernae happy wae how thommo wis treated no tae mention how we handled coff. i hope we didnae dae that tae thommo proper top boy id be ragin wae the boys who run our club bein idiots i dae think sendin a letters enough really nae player shud be finding oot via word its pish poor fae the club shudda been a fone call but seems tulls is too cowardly tae even dae that.

new season anyway hope he doesnae come back to haunt us tulls has pressure on him to dae better than coff

Archived