The Forfar Athletic Close Season Thread 2014

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ain't been here for a while. But must say a big thanks to our chairman, top bloke, and great service given to the club.

Will be nice to see Omar down one wing, and Denholm down the other! Just require a proven goal scorer.

As teams that have proven goal grabber, don't struggle.

Great signing for you. He's a class act.

How was he last year? I caught your cup game against Hearts last season and thought he strolled it.

I know he was never a great SPL player but think it's a very shrewd signing for this level, hopefully the guy who can just sit in midfield to let the others attack.

2 year deal, potential to take over from Dick since his brother is now in that field?

How was he last year? I caught your cup game against Hearts last season and thought he strolled it.

I know he was never a great SPL player but think it's a very shrewd signing for this level, hopefully the guy who can just sit in midfield to let the others attack.

2 year deal, potential to take over from Dick since his brother is now in that field?

Tbh I didn't see much of our games last year, but he was class whenever I saw him. He did spend a reasonable amount of time out injured as well, but he never has had a great record for that. I'm certain he'll be a success for you, he became a bit of a cult hero in our title winning season and I'm sure he'll stroll it again.

Happy with Young, seemed to always play well against us for QOTS. With regards to Petrie it all depends how much DC rates Sellars as a coach but it wouldnt surprise me if he came on board, tremendous young player when he played all those years ago.

Petrie would be excellent if he was to come back as number 2, this would give everyone a lift including the support.

Also Young is a great signing at this level, 34 yo experienced at all levels, still need a striker and I'm happy with the squad.

Also Young is a great signing at this level, 34 yo experienced at all levels, still need a striker and I'm happy with the squad.

Think we'll still require a left back of some sort.

Btw did the messages on Forfar's fb page mean Hilson trained with us yesterday or not? Falkirk thread suggest his move there is a no go.

Think we'll still require a left back of some sort.

Btw did the messages on Forfar's fb page mean Hilson trained with us yesterday or not? Falkirk thread suggest his move there is a no go.

No idea , would look like he has trained with us last night . Would be brilliant to sign him

Archived