Aberdeen v Motherwell - 11th May

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to admit it was fun having Aberdeen as our bitches for they few years, when they would bring a few hundred of their real fans to fir park at 3 o'clock on a Saturday instead of the thousands of glory hunters they've brought in more recent times. But nothing can last forever and they have the upper hand again now so we can at least let them enjoy it a wee bit. Until some mob from Albainia pumps them out of Europe in a couple of months time.

I have to admit it was fun having Aberdeen as our bitches for they few years, when they would bring a few hundred of their real fans to fir park at 3 o'clock on a Saturday instead of the thousands of glory hunters they've brought in more recent times. But nothing can last forever and they have the upper hand again now so we can at least let them enjoy it a wee bit. Until some mob from Albainia pumps them out of Europe in a couple of months time.

Were 'they few years'  the years when you received your annual cup pumping from us? 

Were 'they few years'  the years when you received your annual cup pumping from us? 

Knock out games vs McCall don't count. Even Albion Rovers beat us under McCall

Indeed, thank f**k those days are over.

Endured a few grim trips to FP in my time, Ross McCormack dishing out punishment if I remember correctly.

Even a 1-1 draw with Gary McDonald scoring the equaliser was pretty grim viewing.

We had to wait to confirm our position in the league so he will miss a dead rubber in Glasgow, probably a League Cup tie against Cowdenbeath and possibly the first league match of the new season.

Biggest result in Motherwell's history?

It's always nice to see the smaller Glasgow clubs get a wee day in the sun, it's just a shame they drew Stjarnan in their first tie - that was the team everyone wanted to avoid.

Biggest result in Motherwell's history?

It's always nice to see the smaller Glasgow clubs get a wee day in the sun, it's just a shame they drew Stjarnan in their first tie - that was the team everyone wanted to avoid.

sddefault.jpg

Hopefully there are similar scenes in future when we can commemorate the anniversary of Mark McGhee masterminding a team of flu-ridden reserves to victory,crushing Aberdeen's title ambitions.

Only thing left to decide is what the 19th of March shall henceforth be known as- Barry Robson Day perhaps?

Hopefully there are similar scenes in future when we can commemorate the anniversary of Mark McGhee masterminding a team of flu-ridden reserves to victory,crushing Aberdeen's title ambitions.

Only thing left to decide is what the 19th of March shall henceforth be known as- Barry Robson Day perhaps?

Mark Reynolds day, for the manner in which he gifted us goals.

When I saw the announcement of the new stadium for Aberdeen today - my initial thought was that I'd be happy to see the back of Pittodrie as it's never been a ground I've really liked but the truth is that I've had had two of the best jumps ever there - the Kirk game in 91 and Definitely-not-a-foul Sunday from a couple of years back. When the bulldozers move in, I'll be like:

candlelight-vigil.jpg

Archived