Arbroath close season thread

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 999 on speed dial in case any if those trialists are spotted in a DD11 postcode ever again!!

Simon Murray looks a good addition.

We had 10 players at training on Wednesday supposedly, think it was a get your phone book out and get anyone who was available along. That keeper and the ginger guy that came on played for Berwick last season!!!!! :lol::o

Decent game from our point of view, hopefully team will be buzzing having scored a few goals today.

10484774_826257897384674_259039603764879

You looked decent, no new faces from last season no?

I couldn't help but feel a wee bit disappointed at thinking that AFC fans will have went away from that thinking that's a true reflection of this level. Hope we get you in one of the cups to give you a better showing/game.

Enjoy your Europa games. Be rooting for you like all the other Scottish representatives.

You looked decent, no new faces from last season no?

I couldn't help but feel a wee bit disappointed at thinking that AFC fans will have went away from that thinking that's a true reflection of this level. Hope we get you in one of the cups to give you a better showing/game.

Enjoy your Europa games. Be rooting for you like all the other Scottish representatives.

Only signings we've made so far is Logan (who was on loan last season), Taylor (he came on at half time for Anderson, think he had number 5 on) and Scott Brown who is a goalie. Must be the first season in a while where we haven't had a massive overhaul of the starting XI in some shape or form.

I think given our record against lower league sides we'd be the last group of fans who would come away from that think we'd win every game like this by a big margin!

Good to see some positive comments about Mark Whatley. Class player who I'm certain will be a star in league two

Incredibly tough shift for the guys so early on yesterday but when he found himself on the ball he was very tidy and neat. Quite a big lad too. Like the look of him will see more in the upcoming weeks when the squad/team takes shape and gets more pre season under their belts!

That was just a fitness exercise for us. Literally chased the ball for 90 minutes. Murray and Whatley looked decent but Ricky Little better improve from that showing, he was horse shit.

Great turnout from the Dons fans that has boosted our bank balance a bit. Let down tho by the knobs who through the smoke bomb for "a laugh at the football"

That was just a fitness exercise for us. Literally chased the ball for 90 minutes. Murray and Whatley looked decent but Ricky Little better improve from that showing, he was horse shit.

Great turnout from the Dons fans that has boosted our bank balance a bit. Let down tho by the knobs who through the smoke bomb for "a laugh at the football"

and there attempts at car parking, blocked all the entrances, if you wanted to park on the grass you had to bump up the kerb

Hard game for the players yesterday,Aberdeen been back for a few weeks,already played 2 games,Arbroath players just back.in training,some just off a plane from there holiday,a bench full of trialists,with Alan Moore just getting his first look at what little squad he has after a few days in charge.Still think we need 3 defenders,a winger,striker and a goalkeeper.

sorry fir gettin this yin wrong lads look like i jumped the gun, ive heard since that coff was in very advanced talks but nae agreement wis met and moore pipped him tae it. gid appointment

we did dodge a bullet there "coff" would have been a terrible appointment, plays awful football

If it was true then you sure did. I've been watching football for 27 years but I totally fell out of love with the game during the last 3 of those. Never have I seen football played so negatively at this level and you really did wish you were somewhere else half of the time. Most of the time the general chat wasn't on football, no longer was the beautiful game an escapism but a chore!!

Even now, new manager and new sense of optimism is sweating over the club but I'm still relatively uninterested after the Coughlin hangover.

Wouldn't wish this level of apathy on anyone!!!

Wouldn't put too much on yesterday. That was our first pre season game while the Dons have played more. There was a gulf in fitness as well as ability but expected as they are top league. Hoping the boss gets on the phone and brings in at least 2 central defenders as we are way short there. A keeper to challenge Morrison as well. I would imagine Moore saw where we are short and will address it asap. C'mon lichties

Would love to see Marvin Andrews in centre defence with his aerial ability and good height for defending and attacking set pieces. As Todd Lumsden was his manager when at Albion Rovers he may try to get in contact with him since he was released by Forfar.

WHAT!!!, Marvin Andrews, really, no way, as it says on FM, about some players, "only sign as a last resort", that is where "Big Marv" is at the moment, yesterday was only a runabout for us

Archived