Arbroath close season thread

Mates that play Junior say that a few teams are wanting him anyway. Asked my mate to ask him what it's about, probably nothing and Sibby just wanting a bit of attention.

I've been told sibbys a bit of a w****r anyway haha

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair Chissy came in and had an unreal 1st season, sort of turned our season around partnering Falky in the middle of the park, he did have a horror show last year but as Jose said he always gave 100 percent.

Best of luck.

Chisholm was a good player for us (over the 2 spells) and his signing tipped Division 3 in our favour in Sheerin's first season. I think being made captain adversely affected his play though.

He might be on more money at Hurlford than he got with us. They're throwing it about.

Chishlom was a very good player for Arbroath.

He had one poor season ( season just finished ) - but he played a major role helping the 'broath win the league .

Dundee signed Chisholm due to his outstanding performances for Arbroath .

I wish him all the best.

See we were wanting that James Parejo but he was after too much money, shame that, wouldve been good, must of been asking for a fair whack.

f**k me - Parejo priced himself out of a move to us? :lol: :lol: He won't get a club better than us in Scotland, or if he does he certainly wont get much game time from what I saw. If we had signed him, he wouldn't have justified being paid more than an average squad player in my opinion. When it comes to the competitive stuff week in week out in the league, I couldn't see Parejo doing the running required, or putting himself about at all, and I think he would have really struggled to have any sort of impact.

Not sure but says they signed him as a left winger haha he is garbage

Just about his level.

I think you both know this is clearly not the case. Do either of you really believe that one poor season makes a player 'garbage'? If so - I assume you both think the same of Scotty Morrison, Trav, Ricky Little and a few others who had poor seasons last year?

Chis is a good football player, who has more natural ability than the majority of our current team in my opinion. When you watched him play fantastically week in week out in the 3rd division, did you think he wasn't good enough for this level? That's the only time he's played at this level, and he proved to be superb all year, so I just don't understand how a tried and tested player is suddenly not good enough? :unsure:

Archived