Partick Thistle General Chatter: 2014/15

Hmm, application for 79 flats, club offices and 450 seat stand at the city end begins its painful trip through the Glasgow council planning machine.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stv reporting an application has been submitted for a new stand at the south end amongst flats and office space.

The stand will hold 450 so presuming it'll only run half the width of the pitch and might be slightly elevated like NDP.

I've no idea whether thought was given to terracing which is now allowed, as this just seems to be a resub of an application from 2010.

Not really up to speed on propco etc so no idea how this will affect the club financially other than having 450 empty seats rather than a grass mound.

Yeah I'd take the ugly seats over the bing. I'd imagine we'd be moved into that stand from the North and that would be allocated to away support.

Pity there's more than 500 in our singing section in the North Stand.

But, yes that's exactly what I see happening. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

But, yes that's exactly what I see happening. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

Although I can see why you are of that view given the shite over the summer and previous ie the Celtic games, let's just wait and see before jumping to conclusions eh?

Finishing off the ground and the club getting a decent injection of funds whenever it may happen is a decent thing in my book.

Finishing off the ground and the club getting a decent injection of funds whenever it may happen is a decent thing in my book.

Unlikely to happen any time soon I suspect.

Simply a rehash of the original planning application which had, or was due to, lapsed?

The bing never registers with me while watching a game but strangely it does when watching highlights on TV/youtube.

Although I can see why you are of that view given the shite over the summer and previous ie the Celtic games, let's just wait and see before jumping to conclusions eh? Finishing off the ground and the club getting a decent injection of funds whenever it may happen is a decent thing in my book.

The club wont get a decent amount of funds, its already been discussed that "the club" will probably get about £8000

With regards to the movement of the singing section to the south end... it was stated by Maxi when Ian and i met him before the Dunfemline game, that thats what the club saw happening to the singing section.

What are the average attendances in the North? Seems like less than 500 these days sadly.

I can only go on pictures as whilst I've always requested the figure I've never been able to nail down actually getting it.

I would honestly say that we are probably around the 700-800 mark. Not bad considering I think the initial attendance just over 2 years ago was about 300...

Yes, attendance is down, that much is obvious, but it's down right across the stadium. I don't know why that is. Probably the product isn't as good as the championship winning season and the novelty has worn off.

The noise? Yeah, there's issues there. There are people who sit in the north stand just to be near the atmosphere. Last season an older couple were complaining to a steward about people standing... They were sitting in the second back row, right in the middle of the stand!

The noise? Yeah, there's issues there. There are people who sit in the north stand just to be near the atmosphere. Last season an older couple were complaining to a steward about people standing... They were sitting in the second back row, right in the middle of the stand!

They should be told to f**k right off.

I'd personally have no issue with the singing section being moved if the City End had a 1,000 seat elevated stand. However given the efforts people put into organising the singing section the club would need to manage it in such a way that it would have their blessing and we all moved en masse. Neither of those two things are remotely likely to happen.

It's not just the North Stand this season that has been flat, I think most away games have been the same in comparison to the last couple of seasons. Perhaps it's just the novelty of the Premier League has worn off?

As someone who hasn't the first idea about how these things work if the plans for the bing are the same as the ones which got rejected do they stand any chance of suddenly being accepted this time?

I think the novelty has gone and we now we are just a shite top league team. Just now the bottom hasn't been that exciting yet also despite about four or five teams looking to be in the relegation fight. Maybe come post split they'll be a buzz with the fight for safety in its final stage.

It's not just the North Stand this season that has been flat, I think most away games have been the same in comparison to the last couple of seasons. Perhaps it's just the novelty of the Premier League has worn off?

As someone who hasn't the first idea about how these things work if the plans for the bing are the same as the ones which got rejected do they stand any chance of suddenly being accepted this time?

I've got very little idea either but the STV article says:

The proposals are identical to an application that received planning consent in June 2010.

Tim Clark of ZM Architecture, which is handling the application, said: “The timescale for concluding the original consent has now ceased and our client wishes to resubmit the original application as they still have intentions to develop the site, which was interrupted by the downturn in the financial market in the intervening years.”

So that's saying they did get consent but nobody took up the offer.

Archived