Partick Thistle General Chatter: 2014/15

It won't be long before season ticket holders are greetin about about pay at the gate fans getting any sort of deal. I've always found that odd, I don't buy my season ticket in the summer because of the great value it has and to moan like f**k when another section of the support gets a good deal, I do it to support the club since I can afford to do it.

So, you buy your ST because you can afford it, but those less fortunate, who buy it in the hope that it will provide a financial saving, are not allowed to complain if they feel that they are losing out, by buying a season ticket?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're less fortunate you shouldn't be spunking away £350 on a season ticket tbh and should just consolidate with the fact they need to pay a bit more every month than buying it outright; like buying a couch.

If you're less fortunate you shouldn't be spunking away £350 on a season ticket tbh and should just consolidate with the fact they need to pay a bit more every month than buying it outright; like buying a couch.

Less fortunate than POTM?

How will I know if that's me? Thanks for the advice though.

So, you buy your ST because you can afford it, but those less fortunate, who buy it in the hope that it will provide a financial saving, are not allowed to complain if they feel that they are losing out, by buying a season ticket?

But you're not losing out.

These people who can't afford it yet buy it ,whoever they are, how exactly are they losing out? An offer for non season ticket holder doesn't impact on them in the slightest, their ticket is still the same price it was, it's simply less value for money than it was 2 days ago.

These people who can't afford it yet buy it ,whoever they are, how exactly are they losing out? An offer for non season ticket holder doesn't impact on them in the slightest, their ticket is still the same price it was, it's simply less value for money than it was 2 days ago.

I didn't say people who can't afford it. I said people who are less fortunate than yourself. In that you go out and buy it because you can... They buy it because it offers a saving.

I didn't say people who can't afford it. I said people who are less fortunate than yourself. In that you go out and buy it because you can... They buy it because it offers a saving.

How exactly are they losing out or feel they are losing out? Their season ticket is still exactly the same price they felt was an acceptable price to pay. It seems a rather selfish view for anyone to take that match tickets must be £22 a time to ensure their season ticket maintains the same value for money as it did on the day they were purchased.

How exactly are they losing out or feel they are losing out? Their season ticket is still exactly the same price they felt was an acceptable price to pay. It seems a rather selfish view for anyone to take that match tickets must be £22 a time to ensure their season ticket maintains the same value for money as it did on the day they were purchased.

You said it yourself, it offers less value for money than it did at the time of purchase.

I've not got a problem with the club and this offer. I've never stated I have. But people who are annoyed, frustrated or upset about it, well that's their right to feel that way. And they have every right to open it up for discussion.

That's what forums offer you see, people with differing opinions, the opportunity to converse.

You said it yourself, it offers less value for money than it did at the time of purchase.

I've not got a problem with the club and this offer. I've never stated I have. But people who are annoyed, frustrated or upset about it, well that's their right to feel that way. And they have every right to open it up for discussion.

That's what forums offer you see, people with differing opinions, the opportunity to converse.

I never doubted folk could have a differing opinion, I just said it was an odd thing to feel annoyed about. It happens every time the club try to do anything to improve the number of pay at the gate fans.

Our first two choice penalty takers, Kallum Higginbotham and Aaron Muirhead, are unlikely to feature this weekend.

Our third choice, Kris Doolan, missed his last one v ICT.

So if we get a penalty on Saturday, who is going to take it?

Osman

Just read the report from Frans in the Sunday Mail

not impressed that as a Club and management team we would accept a player clearly using us for a move

is he that good?

we will find out v St Johnstone

Not the way to build a team or spirit

Just my opinion

He's using us to kick start his career. It's the same with Eccelston and maybe Higgy.

I don't have a problem with it as long as they give 100% for us when they're here.

Better that than some duffer like Stevenson looking for a last pay day.

Archived