Partick Thistle General Chatter: 2014/15

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Randomly the Gretna v thistle match came into my head earlier when thistle came back to draw 2-2 after losing 2-0 at Gretna. Positive Santala scored a fluky header which he nearly missed and a last minute pen scored by Cameron? Whatever happened to Santala ?? Ha.

Was it not Kilgannon who scored the last minute penalty? Santala's playing in the 2nd/3rd of Finnish football I think. A poster on here always starts a rumour of his return every summer.

Not sure if it was the same game but does anyone remember their being a Brazilian carnival on the pitch before a game vs Gretna at Raydale? I brought this up with pals recently and they thought I was talking pish but I'm 99% sure it happened.

There was also a 2-2 game at Firhill where we were 2-0 down by 3.01pm.

Glad those days are behind us...for now.

We are now utterly frustrating in a different way, in a better league. Suppose it's never dull being a Jags fan.

I had a similar experience against the Saintees. Two muted cheers on the walk up south drive.

Asked a steward if we were two down. He said aye. Still went in. Final score 0-4 :(

The 3-3 vs Gretna was a cracker as I did stay till the end unlike of couple of my mates that left early.

Not sure if it was the same game but does anyone remember their being a Brazilian carnival on the pitch before a game vs Gretna at Raydale? I brought this up with pals recently and they thought I was talking pish but I'm 99% sure it happened.

I remember that and I went to Raydale twice, so if it wasn't the same game then it'd have been the 6-1.

Someone launched a pie at James Grady when he was warming up in that latter match.

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently started parking on (I think it's called) Napiershall Street, which connects Great Western Road and Maryhill Road. Murano Street is closer but I've found it's a bit of a mess trying to get away after the game up at that end of the ground.

Depends where you're coming from and where you're going to after the game.

My dad parks down at the cross at the Tower Bar, walking down you beat most of the traffic heading for the M8.

Or the car park on Firhill Road on the left before the ground.

Or Garscube Road at the Star.

Just saw on the BBC match report that Higgy is out for four months - tell me that's typical BBC inaccuracy?

Seems to be although in preview for well match Archie did say it would be wait and see until the surgeons operated but original indications were 4 weeks as opposed to 4 months

Archived