Partick Thistle General Chatter: 2014/15

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm fully behind Archie but you're post was still shite. And Craigen is shite.

I agree the post is a shocker but Craigen is not sh*te. SPL is a step too much for the Edinburgh Uni lad but he has a great attitude, works hard and keeps his nose clean. You can't ask for more than that. He's not going to be a starter at this level but not many come from the east of Scotland league to play at premier league level. He's done well to help the cause and will be remembered as a good servant for the Jags in years to come. We've certainly had a lot worse play for us in the past.

UJ now saying that apart from Eccleston there is unlikely to be any more business. That's taken the wind out of my sails a bit, was hoping for one more.

Within this transfer window or would any target be free to operate outside it?

I agree the post is a shocker but Craigen is not sh*te. SPL is a step too much for the Edinburgh Uni lad but he has a great attitude, works hard and keeps his nose clean. You can't ask for more than that. He's not going to be a starter at this level but not many come from the east of Scotland league to play at premier league level. He's done well to help the cause and will be remembered as a good servant for the Jags in years to come. We've certainly had a lot worse play for us in the past.

You could ask for more ability to be fair.

He came from playing for Preston North End until the age of 18 before making the choice to go to uni rather than look for another professional club. It's hardly Doolan or Erskine being plucked from the juniors material.

Could be the next step from "we're looking to get our business done early" to "there are lots of good players who become available as teams finalise their squads"..." there are plenty of good players who don't have a club in September ".

Although if you're referring specifically to McFadden, I'm surprised he hasn't signed for someone by this stage, not necessarily us.

Would imagine with Eccleston coming in, we might think about sending Duggan out on loan for a season. We could send the other youngsters Keenan, Wilson and McDaid out too, but I think I'd prefer Wilson to hang around and feature in our first team. Lindsay could also go but only if we bring in another central defender.

If we weren't to bring anyone else in, I'd be reasonably happy with how the window's gone. Seaborne, Carroll, Osman, and Stevenson on the face of it look like decent first choice signings. Eccleston has potential, as does Richards-Everton. With the international break here now hopefully the newer guys can gel with the squad a bit more - and give Archie time to reflect on how much Stevenson as a lone striker just doesn't work.

Archie must know that Stevenson isn't working in that role by signing Eccelston.

We don't have any pace up front so hopefully Eccleston will bring that.

I'm really just hoping he's as good as Taylor.

Not seen Eccleston play since Archie's testimonial but judging by what I've read, if he can screw the nut a bit and start to score goals then he could be a very good signing, if not then I can see him being absolute murder. Happy we've signed a left-back for at least the short-term and after the international break, both signings will have had time to settle in before the Caley game.

Would like another defender before close of the window but we don't have any pressing need for anyone at the moment. Squad might not be as strong as it was in January, but is definitely stronger than this time last year.

Hadn't realised Eccleston had played in Europe with Liverpool. That's 2 players in with European experience, should come in handy when we get into Europe next year ;)

Heard he could be a great player with a bit of work. Hopefully turns out like Higgy and just needs a run of 1st team action to get going. Anything over 7 goals and he's replaced Bairds and Taylor goal count, with Stevenson, Higgy and Lawless giving him service hopefully he can do even better.

Archived