Clyde Fc 2014-15

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of weak at the knees, I'd only just recovered from John Stewart's lob against Berwick in 2011. He could be another coming back if I"m john mackay's theory on Barry's signing policy is to be believed. Not enough staunch Prots in the dressing room for me at the moment.

Just hope that we can get a decent striker that can get the 20 goals a season that we have not had for a few years but are very difficult to get. The lack of goals this season has been a real issue as I think we have averaged just over a goal a game so far this season in the league.

A left winger and a left back are a must. We've had such problems for years - mind we signed Ricky Waddell for the second time pretty much because he was left footed? :lol:

A left winger and a left back are a must. We've had such problems for years - mind we signed Ricky Waddell for the second time pretty much because he was left footed? :lol:

This would normally be where I'd link to the Ricky Waddell Showreel on YouTube but I believe it's been taken down. Sad times.

What we need are goalscorers. Particularly with the defensive core that we've built up. Left backs are an unimportant position; we'd probably get away with Traynor there for a year if we fill the key areas of the team.

I posted a couple of months ago that generally what any team needs is:

Good goalkeeper.

Dominant centre half.

Goalscoring midfielder.

Ball-carrier (someone who can beat a player and therefore break the defensive line; can be a winger or attacking midfielder).

Goalscoring striker.

Get those five players with your budget and then fill the rest as best you can (Durie, Murray, McQueen are all at a good level) and you'll get the playoffs. Another goalscorer would turn you into a title contender.

At the moment, we've got Marko and Ferguson contracted for next season who fit into that. Barclay is a good goalie at this level. All of our attentions and money should be going towards a striker and preferably a goalscoring midfielder.

Archived