The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

St Johnstone Vs Aberdeen - 03/01/2016

For any fans driving down to the game in Perth on Sunday:

Letham Community Football Club run a fundraising car park on Match Days at Grange Terrace, Perth which is 2 minutes walk from McDiarmid. the post code is PH1 2JR.

It is £2 per car, compared to £5 at McDiarmid, with all funds raised going to support the 23 boys and girls youth teams @ Letham FC.

We'd be grateful if you would consider supporting these young teams by using the car park.

I'm sure everyone will be shocked to hear that neither McLaughlin or Parker are having their loan deals extended - https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/no-extension-to-dons-loan-deals-for-mclaughlin-and-parker/

Don't think McLaughlin has even been at the club for the last couple of months. Two new candidates for AFC's all-time most forgettable XI.

McLaughlin looked like a winger, never a defender in a million years. Parker was abysmal, a total waste of time. That chance he missed one on one with he keeper against whoever it was just summed him up.

Hamilton from memory.

No surprise either as gone as both looked very poor when they played. Hopefully we are now able to bring a couple of players who can actually contribute in January.

Yes, hopefully we bring in some more average squad fillers instead of giving our youth a chance. That always works out.

Drives me crazy that McInnes would rather play some no mark loanee (or a goodwillie) rather than someone from our youth set up. Smith in particular seems particularly hard done by this season.

Drives me crazy that McInnes would rather play some no mark loanee (or a goodwillie) rather than someone from our youth set up. Smith in particular seems particularly hard done by this season.

Pretty sure mcinnes doesn't sign them with the vision of them being 'no marks'.

They were clearly shit and they have barely featured as a result. Our youngsters don't have a right to first team action they need to earn it. I haven't seen anything from the likes of Wright to suggest he should be regularly playing in the first team.

Aye Smith always looks pretty decent. Apparently McInnes has stopped him going out on loan a couple of times but never plays him apart from a five minute cameo at the end so what's the point in keeping him?

Pretty sure mcinnes doesn't sign them with the vision of them being 'no marks'.

They were clearly shit and they have barely featured as a result. Our youngsters don't have a right to first team action they need to earn it. I haven't seen anything from the likes of Wright to suggest he should be regularly playing in the first team.

That's because they're never given any game time to prove themselves.

I might be wrong but I don't understand why the assumption is mcinnes refuses to play them. Maybe they're just not good enough?

I've said on here before though I think mcinnes has placed too much weight on a core of 12-13 players and doesn't trust his squad.

That's his fault for his squad composition but doesn't mean Wright etc have any right to play.

Appears that Rogers' contract does end in the summer.

He had a good season (at Dumbarton I think?) last year and is doing well for Falkirk. Given our keeper struggles over the years, I've been hoping to see him develop and be given a chance with us at some point. I expect Ward will go out on loan to a decent english team next year or even get a shot as Liverpool No.1. Would have him here in a second but it'll be tough.

Cammy Smith is still only 20, so I don't expect him to be in any rush. I think McInnes won't want him going out on loan as it would only take a couple of injuries before he'd be getting extra game time. If he's still sitting on the bench each week in 18-24 months then I'd expect him to do the same as Low did, and look for 1st team football elsewhere.

I feel he's been a little unlucky not to have been given more chances, but I believe there is an element of responsibility lying at his door as in a number of games he has played under McInnes where he has been given a decent amount of time on the pitch he hasn't really shown what he's capable of enough. I've seen him play safe too much instead of try and make something happen when that is likely going to be his main role during his career, linking the midfield and forwards.

All fans who have seen him over the last 3 years will know he has talent and ability, but I personally don't think he's shown enough during his opportunities in the first team.

Smith needs a chance to play from the start instead of getting 10 minutes here and there, he's only started 25 games in the 5 seasons he's been in and around the first team. On the first game of the season against United he was brilliant but hasn't been given a proper chance since, even in games like the Hibs cup tie when the team needed freshened up. If you want him to make a significant impact on the game he needs to be on the pitch for 70+ minutes so he can put his stamp on the game.