The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Hope the lad plays a bit beyond 32 but I'm just glad to get him signed up for so long. I'd probably accept a £15m £25m offer for him, but not a penny less!!

Quite right sir. What I should have said was he has committed what should be his best years, the ones combining youth with experience.

This is a big deal for the club, fair perked me up.

What's the score with Jacko? Is this his last contract year? He was fucking superb last night.

With the amount of goals he's scored, it's a wonder that Celtic haven't tried to sign him. Rooney is easy a £2-3m striker, guaranteed 20-odd goals a season.

Rooney is a good player but he is not a £2-3m striker

2 hours ago, Kneetrembler said:

Quite right sir. What I should have said was he has committed what should be his best years, the ones combining youth with experience.

This is a big deal for the club, fair perked me up.

What's the score with Jacko? Is this his last contract year? He was fucking superb last night.

I agree, Jack has looked back to his best recently and was the complete standout for me last night.

2 hours ago, Smegma said:

Excellent news. Same for Hayes, Stockley, Jack, Logan and McGinn please.

Bit early to be tying down Stockley for that long! 

9 hours ago, sheeptastic said:

A season preview we wrote on the Dons. Give it a read! Any feedback much appreciated. 

https://statsandminiskirts.wordpress.com/2016/08/06/season-preview-pre-match-pints-half-time-pies-and-post-match-post-mortems/

Overall a decent summation of where we are and what we want to be doing this season. Biggest question marks for me are whether Jack can push on from his performance on Thursday night. I'm not one of the Jack haters and actuall think he has generally been solid and reliable in the midfield. He's jut had a tendency to be a bit too soft and a little dithering in possession. He's also been nothing like a captain. On Thursday he put in a tremendous shift, along with Shinnie, and finally looked like a guy who could grab control of a game and dictate play as well as looking like a proper leader. The other big question for me is whether Taylor and Reynolds can find some kind of form. I'm confident in our goalkeeper (for a change) and we've added good variety to the attack. Just got to hope we can cut out the silly errors in central defence and hopefully sign some kind of bruising ball winner in the middle to stop us getting bullied by the likes of Hearts, Inverness and St Johnstone and we should be in for a decent season again.

34 minutes ago, Smegma said:

Only 22, his best years are definitely ahead of him!

It's too early to ascertain whether Stockley is the real deal or not and to throw a 4 year contract at him. Today he was disappointing.

Edited by Alex_14

• 2 weeks later...

Ok start to the season, just about pass marks for Europe, 3 rounds and knocked out in a blaze of infuriating unluckiness.Undefeated in three with our first win under the belt. Key players returning to form, summer signings contributing already. Lewis and O'Connor the standout new lads for me.

Much tinkering with the first 11 so far, down to fatigue etc I suppose. So what's the thoughts on this season? Should we have a stable first team with rotation only for fitness/ form/ suspensions?   Or use the squad depth to have different tactical options depending on the opposition?

Remember you sheep slated the boy for signing for Bournemouth. Mega lolz by Fraser I think

Some people did.

I personally thought it reflected the management of the club at the time that a young guy wanted to leave so soon after breaking on the scene.

Not sure it would have happened under mcinnes.

Remember you sheep slated the boy for signing for Bournemouth. Mega lolz by Fraser I think

It was a great move for the lad and their manager seems to know a lot about developing players.

To be fair Bournemouth were very much a lower league club at that point, but aye - some of our fans properly spat the dummy out and had a go at him, some even still maintain he'd have been better sticking with us.

Bit embarrassing.