The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

He's been back to what we know he is capable of, this is a massive blow for us.

Either Storie or O'Connor (both?) will have to step up now as I doubt we will sign anyone else.

Praying it is Storie with O'Connor kept at centre back. I just can't be arsed with McLean playing as I fear the game will totally pass him by. 

If McInnes did not think Storie was ready for the first team, he should never have let Flood leave on a free transfer. This game on Saturday would have seen Willo start for sure.

Logan, O'Connor, Reynolds and Considine have looked pretty solid. Moving O'Connor into midfield to accommodate Taylor is riskier than playing Storie in my view. McLean will be asked to replace Jack playing deep again, as he was against Partick.

Taylor is a commanding Defender who offers a lot at attacking set plays, but recent mistakes and his performances at Parkhead last season give me the fear.

In Derek we trust etc,  

I seem to recall us being linked with Jamie Ness in previous windows. I see he managed to bag himself a 3 year deal at Stoke after leaving deadco. That aside, his credentials are underwhelming in the English lower leagues but that probably qualifies him as a DM type of signing.

I like Tansey. Watch Caleys set pieces in the highlights from the weekend and you can see some of what he could offer to our lack of quality in the final third. I just can't see us finding the cash required to get him up the A96 (again (allegedly)).

On 8/28/2016 at 09:53, betting competition said:

Interesting Interview on redtv when McInnes said he would like to take another midfielder in but the budget has been spent

If that's the case, he's done a fucking awful job of allocating the budget.

Shocker of a window so far.

O'Connor and Lewis are both good signings, but the issues everyone could see last season haven't been addressed.

I see the issues of last season as being:

- goalkeeper = sorted

- central defence = o Connor a good find and Reynolds has improved from last season slightly, still not perfect but it's an improvement.

- midfield solidity - ok no signings of note to address this but jack and shinnie have started the season very well. Jack injury unforeseen and hopefully we address with a signing today. If not I'll live.

- more options in forward areas - storey looks good and stockley does what he does. Not 'marquee' but both add to the squad. Again, Hayes injury unforeseen and isn't helping us in the creative department.

Add to that we have retained our best players from last season for another year including getting Rooney tied down to another 4 years.

Maybe not a glamorous window but seems pretty productive to me.