The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

19 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I agree with @coprolite tbh. I’d go a step further and say the frivolous appeal rule is totally needless. 

The risk of manipulating what fixtures you’re suspended for is pretty much gone so the deterrent is irrelevant. Clubs should have a right of appeal and the criteria for what counts as ‘frivolous’ is so flimsy that the lack of consistency would always be there. 

We all knew after the shinnie one that we’d see plenty of appeals get rejected and not done for frivolous like we did, but the answer for me is to remove it, not charge more clubs with it. 

I certainly agree that frivolous appeals should no longer be a thing as no-one can benefit from a stupid appeal apart from the SFA coffers. But, as long as it exists, the benchmark for me will Graeme Shinnie's one.

If it's a case like this where the on-field referee gives a straight red and it's reviewed by the VAR team who confirm the original decision is it even possible for there to be grounds for an appeal?

3 minutes ago, HunterAFC said:

If it's a case like this where the on-field referee gives a straight red and it's reviewed by the VAR team who confirm the original decision is it even possible for there to be grounds for an appeal?

The grounds would be that they all got it wrong.  

42 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Heading down to Hampden to catch the Youth Cup final against Rangers, fingers crossed for a win! Think it's on BBC Scotland channel.

Good effort! 

7 minutes ago, STFU_Donny said:

Dons young team 1 up.

Happy Jonah Hill GIF

They've looked by far the better side since I tuned in at half time. That boys delivery on set pieces is absolutely wild. 

3 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Absolutely stunned to see rangers get a dodgy pen.

Come on. There's nothing dodgy about that!

Just now, Derry Alli said:

They've looked by far the better side since I tuned in at half time. That boys delivery on set pieces is absolutely wild. 

Come on. There's nothing dodgy about that!

We all know who your big team is pal 👍🏻

Just now, DukDukGoose said:

We all know who your big team is pal 👍🏻

I'm not sure which league wouldn't award a penalty when a defender is elbowing the ball about his own box, tbh.

4 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Come on now. Arm in a natural position.

I think we can both agree on one thing. Richard Foster is a terrible, terrible commentator.

From the second 45 alone, looks like you have a couple of very decent prospects in the squad. The boy Stewart has a massive likening to Nicky Low.

8 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

From the second 45 alone, looks like you have a couple of very decent prospects in the squad. The boy Stewart has a massive likening to Nicky Low.

There's a few that have a chance for sure. The club are obviously high on Bavidge but Findlay Marshall is another they're expecting to break through.

32 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

I'm not sure which league wouldn't award a penalty when a defender is elbowing the ball about his own box, tbh.

The amount of times you’ve defended Rangers as a supporter of another team is breathtaking.

13 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

There's a few that have a chance for sure. The club are obviously high on Bavidge but Findlay Marshall is another they're expecting to break through.

The vast majority of Alfie Stewart’s corners were incredible.

20 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Is he the left back? Looked decent but resorted to shelling it a bit too soon. The boy Carroll at CB. For a boy at 16 to have his composure and ability is a very good sign. He's one I'd be quite excited by.

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The amount of times you’ve defended Rangers as a supporter of another team is breathtaking.

In what way is pointing out its a clear penalty defending Rangers? 

I said it was a clear penalty when Goldson gave away a penalty in the Old Firm game. Was I defending Celtic that day?

Perhaps - and this might come as a surprise to people - they might actually be clear penalties?

It looked a clear penalty to me too tbh.