The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

30 minutes ago, RiG said:

Surprised to see Aberdeen fans rushing to point out that Madrid lost to Galatasary in 2000 in the European Super Cup if I'm honest.

Don't be silly, Aberdeen fans know only too well that the super cup is a gimmick, similar to the charity shield in England. They would never stoop so low as to class it as a serious European honour...

Rogers expected to sign a two-year extension according to the Press and Journal. Strange one, if so, especially as he is currently being omitted from the matchday squad and McInnes obviously didn't fully trust him to deputise for Lewis this season for more than a couple of games. He turned 24 earlier this year, so perhaps suggests a lack of ambition if he is willing to accept probably just being an understudy for the next couple of seasons, too. 

52 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You can just taste the bitterness over Aberdeen's glorious European history

As a wee boy I celebrated that brilliant win over Real Madrid in the cup winners cup final, a tremendous achievement from a great side. But the super cup is a non-event, like putting winning the inter-toto cup in your major honours list.

14 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

As a wee boy I celebrated that brilliant win over Real Madrid in the cup winners cup final, a tremendous achievement from a great side. But the super cup is a non-event, like putting winning the inter-toto cup in your major honours list.

Bit of the jamama about you Paulo,  I no like.

15 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Well I suppose you're trying to make a point.  But take a moment to look at it from our perspective.

If we have a gap in our Honours list by omitting one of our two European  baubles, we might try and fix it by filling the vacated space with some nonsense such as listing appearances in semi-finals and heaven forbid, times when we came close to winning a lower league, but didn't!  Now that would be a cringeworthy minter! :(

Thanks for your concern, but I think I'll stick with what we've got.

Yours,

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep

33 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

Well I suppose you're trying to make a point.  But take a moment to look at it from our perspective.

If we have a gap in our Honours list by omitting one of our two European  baubles, we might try and fix it by filling the vacated space with some nonsense such as listing appearances in semi-finals and heaven forbid, times when we came close to winning a lower league, but didn't!  Now that would be a cringeworthy minter! :(

Thanks for your concern, but I think I'll stick with what we've got.

Yours,

aDONis

And the Tennents Sixes.

22 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I'll have you know that Inter-toto was a highly prized competition. Just check out Scott Parker as he's almost overcome with emotion after winning it at Newcastle.

Scott+Parker+Intertoto+Cup.jpg

On 24/04/2018 at 20:48, EdTheDuck said:

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

The problem isn’t losing McInnes it is who is staying behind,

The previous 20 seasons before 94/95 even without the Ferguson years (as per the ramblings of our resident arab imbecile who thinks having a great manager negates his mark on our history – stupid c**t) throw up the following facts;

Aberdeen finished 2nd seven times, 3rd twice and top 5 another seven times. AFC finished outside the top 5 just four times.  They won 4 cups in that time and made another six finals. Adjusting the points for number of games played and 3 points for a win over those 20 seasons they averaged about 67 points per season. (McInnes has averaged 72, but then again, no Rangers, no Hearts or no Hibs for much of his tenure.)

A cup win every 5 years and a cup final about every 3.5 years.

That being the case McInnes is just about bang average for Aberdeen FC when it was run by a board who knew what the f**k they were doing and tended not to appoint useless fuckers to the managers office and them tip barrowloads of money in their direction to waste on utter dross.

My fear is not losing McInnes, it is who the dimwits in the boardroom will appoint in his place. The last quarter of a century has been a procession of bad decisions & bad appointments and I have no confidence that won’t continue.

Also a procession of shit crowds the last quarter of a century. 

What you're really saying btw is, after years of mediocrity, McInnes came in, (with no charge of ownership) and is only doing a bit better than the average during the most successful period in your entire history which you cherry picked for comparison.

No danger the next Aberdeen manager is anywhere near as good as McInnes no matter who it is or when.  There's just no chance they can improve on him.   Whoever follows him will be a step down.

The typical deluded entitlement prevents most Aberdeen fans from seeing that.