The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 hours ago, d31 said:

Scott Wright needs a loan move to give him any chance of making it as a regular at any top flight team (see Cammy Smith career otherwise).

Easy to add 2+2 and guess interest in Cadden and to a lesser extent Turnbull.

Reynolds calling it a day would seem a surprise at this point, only 32 at the end of his contract.

McInnes convinced Reynolds not to hang up his boots after sustaining his current injury at the start of the season. Reynolds has also spoken about how he doesn't see himself featuring much for Aberdeen. He looks set to start a new career outside of football after obtaining his degree.

Jim McIntrye had asked McInnes if any of his players were available for loan - Wright was spoken about not Gleeson - which was misreported. 

Aberdeen had agreed a fee with Motherwell in the summer for Cadden - he didn't want to sign for Aberdeen despite his agent trying to convince him. Turnbull also wishes to stay at Motherwell despite Aberdeen speaking with him about signing a pre contract.

Anything been said about why Wilson missed out during the week? Injury? Or just dropped.
Didn't see anything in today's reports saying he was out for the game tomorrow at least.

Second hand rumour but I heard he’s back in Manchester and won’t be back here.

4 hours ago, Live4EverDandyDon said:

McInnes convinced Reynolds not to hang up his boots after sustaining his current injury at the start of the season. Reynolds has also spoken about how he doesn't see himself featuring much for Aberdeen. He looks set to start a new career outside of football after obtaining his degree.

Jim McIntrye had asked McInnes if any of his players were available for loan - Wright was spoken about not Gleeson - which was misreported. 

Aberdeen had agreed a fee with Motherwell in the summer for Cadden - he didn't want to sign for Aberdeen despite his agent trying to convince him. Turnbull also wishes to stay at Motherwell despite Aberdeen speaking with him about signing a pre contract.

How much was the offer for Cadden? Not doubting you but I wouldn’t have thought  Aberdeen had that kind of dough.

Edited by Londonwell

15 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

How much was the offer for Cadden? Not doubting you but I wouldn’t have thought  Aberdeen had that kind of dough.

Unfortunately I couldn't tell you as I was only told we had agreed terms with Motherwell and that Cadden didn't want to join us at the time. Supposedly Cadden was holding out for a move down south however he hasn't had any solid offers as of yet which is why he is reconsidering a potential move to Aberdeen.

38 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Don’t think he’s even been mentioned in the last couple of press conferences.

Shame it didn’t work out, but he looked like he couldn’t be bothered.

I know what you mean about not being bothered at times, but then you think about the Livi match before the break and the goal that he scored, and the superb run he had from his own half to set up the second goal. Hot and cold describes him better than not bothered.

That was my reaction when i read it too.  McInnes has said on numerous occasions that we spent the last of the DNA money on securing Wilson on loan and there is definitely no chance of us forking out a transfer fee this month.

If Wilson was to return, we’d maybe have a bit of that cash freed up again?

2 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Just an indication of it. With Wilson on the bench today, it sounds like bullshit IMO.

I was told today at the Killie match that Wilson was ill (had a cold) last week. Nothing in it and that McInnes still sees him as potentially our main striker - he's supposedly the most talented member of the squad just severely lacks confidence.  If Cosgrove hadn't gone on a goal scoring spree in December there were plans to loan him out this January. Reynolds has been told he will not feature much for Aberdeen going forward - will most likely retire from football at the end of the season and Considine has not been offered a new contract.  McInnes wants another centre back who is out of contract at the end of the season as well as Shaugnessey. DM has been tight lipped as to who it is.

Was also told Wright will be loaned out to Dundee if we sign Morgan on loan from Celtic. Which would complete our activity for this window.

Learnt we paid 125,000K for Forrester which could have potentially risen to 200,000K through appearances and goals. We had agreed a fee of 500,000K for Christie in the summer and were literally hours away from sealing the deal until Celtic sustained a number of injuries.

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

How GMS lasted 86 mins was beyond me. Worse than a man down.

Referee had a howler. About the only decision he got right was the red card.

aye  GMS   must be thinking about cagney and lacey and the big apple .  feet back to front 

mclennan  hopefully back in there asap