The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

A real loss to the league. It's a shame that he didn't get to play under a manager who's actually good (we don't know about Thelin yet), but he got his moments in Europe and at Hampden. 

Well played Aberdeen. Pretty much a perfect example of a working transfer strategy.

Sign a rough diamond for a relatively low fee. Get a couple of excellent seasons out of them. Make a huge profit. Jealous.

5 minutes ago, conboyhibs said:

Well played Aberdeen. Pretty much a perfect example of a working transfer strategy.

Sign a rough diamond for a relatively low fee. Get a couple of excellent seasons out of them. Make a huge profit. Jealous.

*investors should note that past performance is not a guarantee of future returns 

It's not all that long ago ( not even 20 years) that we were looking enviously at Hibs' ability to monetise their youth development as the way forward. 

Player trading is quite high risk and the stakes we're playing are increasing. If we can make it sustainable i'll be delighted but it's early days. 

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Does it almost make the Goodwin era worthwhile?

Despite what that charlatan keeps telling the media, the signing of Bojan Miovski had ZERO to do with that clown. 

The only two players he was 100% behind in that season were Scales & that dumplin Anthony Stewart.

All others due to HoR Darren Mowbray.

Jim Goodwin LOL 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Nothing but good wishes for Bojan and glad that all this has finished now. My only slight bewilderment is why Girona didn’t go after Lawrence Shankland?

😂

Or anyone for that matter.

Fatty Arbuckle will leave for nothing next summer. 

10 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Despite what that charlatan keeps telling the media, the signing of Bojan Miovski had ZERO to do with that clown. 

The only two players he was 100% behind in that season were Scales & that dumplin Anthony Stewart.

All others due to HoR Darren Mowbray.

Jim Goodwin LOL 

That’s probably a bit unfair, he’ll have been part of the sales pitch to get him in the door. and in fairness if Goodwin has one strength it is talking a relatively convincing heap of shite to someone who doesn’t know him. 

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Nothing but good wishes for Bojan and glad that all this has finished now. My only slight bewilderment is why Girona didn’t go after Lawrence Shankland?

Rhyming Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

33 minutes ago, behindthelens said:

Might be of interest to some Dons. Barry is now at Queen's Park and done a piece wit the media team ahead of Saturday's game. 

I have a lot of time for Barry Nic.

Started off very poor but was a real loss by the time he went to Preston.

From an opposition point of view, somewhat disappointing this money will come to Thelin, as you feel he'll have a far better idea of how to spend it than Warnock would have.

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

From an opposition point of view, somewhat disappointing this money will come to Thelin, as you feel he'll have a far better idea of how to spend it than Warnock would have.

Warnock's transfer record for us had a 100% hit rate. 

It was everything else that was terrible. 

Just now, coprolite said:

Warnock's transfer record for us had a 100% hit rate. 

It was everything else that was terrible. 

Perhaps, I do have a bit of a blind spot with that muppet.

Either way, I'm sure the Aberdeen fans (at least just now) will feel the money will be in better hands under Thelin (assuming he gets a decent chunk of it and who it gets spent on). 

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

*investors should note that past performance is not a guarantee of future returns 

It's not all that long ago ( not even 20 years) that we were looking enviously at Hibs' ability to monetise their youth development as the way forward. 

Player trading is quite high risk and the stakes we're playing are increasing. If we can make it sustainable i'll be delighted but it's early days. 

Tbf it's only been Aberdeen, Celtic and Motherwell who have consistently been able to get good fees for their players for about five years now. Each team will have the odd example (Dykes at Livi, Nisbet at Hibs, Taylor at Killie) but the three mentioned at the top are clearly doing something right on a consistent basis that no one else is. 

(someone please come in and tell me I'm wrong)

28 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Tbf it's only been Aberdeen, Celtic and Motherwell who have consistently been able to get good fees for their players for about five years now. Each team will have the odd example (Dykes at Livi, Nisbet at Hibs, Taylor at Killie) but the three mentioned at the top are clearly doing something right on a consistent basis that no one else is. 

I'm not sure how good Celtic are at it. Seem to keep players past the point of their peak transfer value.

24 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

I'm not sure how good Celtic are at it. Seem to keep players past the point of their peak transfer value.

That's fair, I actually thought they'd done better in the past five/six years because of their two £20m+ sales (and they're just about to make another one), but most of the others were probably less than Celtic staff/fans would've expected at some point. 

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

To be fair to the **** (first time for everything I guess), they managed to pull off daylight robbery by receiving a combined total of £31.5M for Patterson and Bassey. The mind boggles. Obviously delightful to see that they've completely spunked that away with absolutely f**k all to show for it of course.