The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

The guy is just telling it like it is, Diddy supporters know it's true but just don't like hearing it.

If I wasn't on my phone I'd post the Jack Nicholson you can't handle the truth gif

Edited by Romeo

The guy is just telling it like it is, Diddy supporters know it's true but just don't like hearing it.

If I wasn't on my phone I'd post the Jack Nicholson you can't handle the truth gif

As mentioned before there probably is an element of truth to it but it is disrespectful and unhelpful when we as a country are trying to promote our game.

It's also one of a series of times that Celtic/Rangers have referenced the standard of domestic opposition as reasons for their failure and it is frankly cuntish behaviour.

Don't see what the problem is, McInness signs the best players from other premiership clubs, and tells us your average league game doesn't prepare you for the step up in Europe.

He is right regarding the difference in quality, it was only last year Celtic managed to set a new clean sheet record for a Scottish club.

The fact is what Collins said was true.

Hilarious McInnes getting offended when his team never laid a glove on us last season. Even when we were playing with 10 men and a team playing as bad as any Celtic team has since Mowbray.

But still Deek, you're "the best manager in Scotland" lol.

Why are Celtic fans completely missing the point here

The point being I doubt it's an uncommon thing in a lot of leagues around Europe with European opponents tend to be tougher to play against than domestic.

McInness agrees with this point of view.

The point being I doubt it's an uncommon thing in a lot of leagues around Europe with European opponents tend to be tougher to play against than domestic.

McInness agrees with this point of view.

A point I made earlier. It's not about whether or not teams in the CL are better than Scottish teams. Everyone knows they are.

We are in a league that is trying desperately to market itself and promote the game (or at least supposed to be) and we have the assistant manager of the biggest club in the country, and somewhat of a Scottish football icon slating the other teams in the league and suggesting Celtic suffer because of just how bad everyone else is.

It's disrespectful to your peers, and incredibly arrogant that he even suggests they only concede goals when they switch off because they're uninterested.

we have the assistant manager of the biggest club in the country, and somewhat of a Scottish football icon

That Scottish Football Icon won a lot in Scotland as a player - 1 Scottish Cup. To be fair to him he was with two very pish sides at the time Hibs and Celtic.

The fact is what Collins said was true.

Hilarious McInnes getting offended when his team never laid a glove on us last season. Even when we were playing with 10 men and a team playing as bad as any Celtic team has since Mowbray.

But still Deek, you're "the best manager in Scotland" lol.

liewells men in black had a lot to do with that.

If Collins had said that celtic always failed in Europe because the refs didn't give them all the decisions like they are used to at home that would have been a truer statement

That Scottish Football Icon won a lot in Scotland as a player - 1 Scottish Cup. To be fair to him he was with two very pish sides at the time Hibs and Celtic.

Ha. True. In fairness I grew up enjoying watching him play for Scotland, wasn't so aware he was an arrogant p***k back in my younger years.

Hartley also saying Collins is a dick. When two of your peers tell you yer an arse it's probably a good idea to take it on the chin, admit you're wrong, apologise and move with......dignity.

So we've just got to wait for the apology for Tonev first, after the one for your captain and manager lying about Tonev, and the one for abusing children. Then this latest apology will be right at the front of the queue.

He isn't wrong though.

Nice try.

It doesn't matter whether you think Collins is right or wrong about this. The disrespect it might show to other teams in the league isn't the main concern here either, IMO.

It just does not help the image of our game. It's hard enough as it is with the richest and possibly biggest (disagree on it being the best!) league in the world just south of the border. With poor sponsorship and a piss-poor TV deal, these comments are rather unwelcome. We should be bigging up our game as much as possible here, whether it merits it or not. Certainly hasn't done the aforementioned Premier League any harm. I cannot fathom why anyone within the game itself would want to talk it down. Surely everyone associated with Celtic wants the Scottish game to be stronger? A few quotes in the press isn't going to change that itself, sure, but Collins, as Celtic assistant, can actually be fairly influential with his words. He should know this.

Also, IMO, his comments don't really make much sense considering Celtic's most recent high-profile additions.

With regards to McInnes' comments after the Rijeka game (and similar comments he made after our game versus Real Sociedad last season), he was simply remarking that those sides were better than any team we could face in Scotland. Whilst Collins, in effect, was saying that too, he's gone a step too far by also taking a swipe at the clubs themselves. McInnes' comments were hardly derogatory of the Scottish game; Collins' most certainly were.

So, John Collins is the assistant manager of a Celtic side that started their last two Champions League games with last season's Dundee Utd front three.

John Collins thinks the other clubs in Scotland aren't strong enough to give Celtic a good enough challenge.

He's surely just trolling us all, isn't he? Straight out of the Walter Smith "1990s European f*ck-ups" book of quotes that one.