The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Why is he a lowly assistant now then and not managing a club in his own right?

Except for you...

Who cares? Happy you see you don't disagree with his and McInness assessment about league games not preparing you for European football or games against teams from Kazakstan

I am pretty sure McInnes could not give a monkeys chuff about anything Collins has to say. What he has done is take advantage of a very stupid thing Collins said ( regardless of accuracy or otherwise).

I suspect DM is attempting to inspire and motivate every player in Scotland when playing Celtic by saying " Celtic reckon you are all shite and not worth the playing". Furthermore, his own players might get a much needed physiological boost for the games v Celtic if a bit of needle is introduced. They certainly need something to strengthen the mentality as at least 2 of the games last year were blown from winning positions.

It was nice of Mr Collins to hand him the opportunity.

Celtic displaying both 'whataboutery' and 'taken out of context' excuses here. Anyone with an understanding of the English language can figure out that what Mr McInnes said, and what Mr Collins said, are nothing like the same thing. Also, Delia trying the old 'his comments have been taken out of context' line is just embarrassing, the same as 'lost in translation' when a foreign player makes an a... of himself. Not sure how Mr Collins can explain away the defeats from Inverness (x2), St Johnstone, Hamilton, Dundee Utd and various draws last season?

Thread about the sheep's season, all about Celtic.

Magic.

What else do you expect.

Considering the budget they have, I think it's fair to say so far McInness has had only 1 decent season. Winning the league cup, and even then they bottled it in the league finishing 3rd behind Motherwell, that's before mentioning the horrific performances in the Scottish cup for the last 2 seasons.

What else do you expect.

Considering the budget they have, I think it's fair to say so far McInness has had only 1 decent season. Winning the league cup, and even then they bottled it in the league finishing 3rd behind Motherwell, that's before mentioning the horrific performances in the Scottish cup for the last 2 seasons.

Haha given up on your ridiculous argument so resorted to jibes about two seasons ago ????

Do you disagree?

If so, please explain why.

The cup competitions weren't good enough granted but on both occasions we went out the tie could've gone either way and unfortunately that's cup football.

In the context of previous dons seasons our league performance was more than decent breaking records for points tally outside of old firm and showing a consistency I've never seen from an Aberdeen team in my 26 years.

Mcinnes has improved us year on year and i believe we are again a better team than we were last season don't write DM off as having had one decent season is just nonsense.

You of course know this

Goalscorer that has struggled to force his way into the staying line up for obvious reasons. He's a player, fairly quick, pretty solid, decent touch. Will score a bucketload for whoever takes him on loan in the championship I would guess.

Re Collins and DM. Collins has been a bit silly and given some decent ammo to every other manager in the league. I don't think there's anything wrong in saying the Scottish top flight isn't the best prep for the CL league but essentially saying it's everyone else's fault that Celtic didn't make the groups is fucking retarded. It also implies that he thinks the rest of the league is there purely to service Celtic which is pretty disrespectful. DM has responded in an inflammatory manner to try and benefit his own team and I think that's fair enough, hell even a Celtic player agrees with that.

LOL @ the faux Irish who don't use cutlery misinterpreting a McInnes quote because there's no-one to mourn this week.

LOLSPAZ

It doesn't seem to be even a misinterpretation, seeing as someone has asked for said quote and it hasn't even been provided.

Michael Stewart just confirmed what I've thought for a while, John Collins isn't that bright.

It's a real shame a Scot is so disparaging about his own country's league though. If anything it belittles anything Celtic have achieved since he's been there. Yes, we won the league but the rest are crap!!!! Great achievement then John eh??? Going to work must bore him a little I suppose?

His mangers attempt at backing him by blaming the media is pish too as no Collins quote was challenged.

The biggest irony in this is that if Scottish Football ever did try to really take steps to level the playing field Celtic would resist it big time.

The worst thing about john boy collins apart from him being a total nob is his disregard and dislike for all of Scottish football. His disrespect of every last club and their supporters is just self evident. Its all about Celtic and why they are 'victims' again. Lets get the excuses in early, again. Just like every year.

The stats say:

P36 W16 D3 L17 F48 A49 in the past 5 years, hardly hail hail.

In European terms they are a middle sized club. 46th in the coefficient ranking system behind the likes of, well, 45 better clubs from other countries I guess. In the last 6 years they have only once reached double figures in UEFA ranking points, once.

Now of course we all know that they are just not as good as the other 45 clubs. FACT! Otherwise celtic would be up there with the best of Europe and their not even up there with the best of the rest. However its not their fault. They have been hindered in their European adventures by Scottish football, the clubs, players and fans who all conspire to stop them reaching their truly great potential and winning the CL. HaHa! Really?

To be fair some of the clubs above celtic have got larger budgets, attract better quality players, have bigger crowds etc and that all makes a difference.

The shameful part and one that john boy collins, and celtic, don't seem to understand is that by putting down all the rest they reduce the opportunities to sell Scottish football on TV and that has had a massive impact on all of our clubs and for that they can't be forgiven.

Close the door on your way out, celic.