The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

From what I hear we are still in for Jamie Ness. He wants to come but Scunthorpe are looking for a fee. The manager was also down at Peterborough vs Norwich last night trying to thrash out a deal for a Norwich player who played last night. It is believed to be attacking midfielder James Maddison but rumours also it may have been Tony Andreu.

Edited by Aberdeen21

From what I've seen Reynolds has been just as poor as he was last year, weak with terrible distribution. We had to either sign a left back, or a midfielder to play alongside Jack as well as a centre half.

And, although it's only 4 games into the season, we look totally toothless. Hayes being out doesn't help. but surely with the added depth we would be hoping for more?

From what I've seen Reynolds has been just as poor as he was last year, weak with terrible distribution. We had to either sign a left back, or a midfielder to play alongside Jack as well as a centre half.

And, although it's only 4 games into the season, we look totally toothless. Hayes being out doesn't help. but surely with the added depth we would be hoping for more?

I forgot to mention wes burns actually! I think he'll be great for us.

I get what we've seen so far isn't that inspiring but I think the attack is still gelling and I think we look more solid.

We may not improve as much as I hope but I see no reason to panic at this point.

Just about spat my coffee out with the Reynolds shout, the guys been terrible. Looks like a little boy getting bullied by bigger guys in the playground sometimes.

I kind of agree with Aberdon, O’Conner and Lewis am happy with.

However still major question marks over his other signings, i think he has signed the right "type" of player but whether these guys have the quality to fill the criteria they have been brought into am not sure. Stockley wins headers, but if McInnis refuses to play 2 up front then he is a passenger.

Don’t know what people are seeing in Storey i think he has been very average in his games so far. I am holding out hope because i saw the player he can be at caley, he hasn’t got near that form with us yet.

Burns I have been most happy with, he is raw though and has a habit of holding on to the ball for too long. Don’t even want to address the Morris signing.

I would have liked to have seen some more quality come in.

4 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

Players hardly had any game time and they're written off, 4 games into the season and we are "toothless", signings have been poor etc etc.

Its the Aberdeen way.

Do you disagree?

4 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

Players hardly had any game time and they're written off, 4 games into the season and we are "toothless", signings have been poor etc etc.

Its the Aberdeen way.

All I said was that there were still question marks over some of them.

Which is a fair point.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

It is but the debate started by aberdon saying we'd had an 'absolute shocker' of a window so far

Which is hysterical nonsense tbf.

Not a great start to the season but lots of potential there.  Main gripe has been the quality of the final ball and crosses, and not just from the new boys.  It'll all come together.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It is but the debate started by aberdon saying we'd had an 'absolute shocker' of a window so far

I've explained what I meant by that and I haven't written anyone off.

I would have liked us to bring in a "big name player" of sorts.

I think this was an important window for the club to signal its intent to compete with Celtic. Of course am not asking us to go out and spend millions like they can but i would have liked us to go after a few players of real quality and spend a little cash. Guys whose names you wouldn’t have to stick into Wikipedia to work out who they are.

This in no disrespect to the guys we have brought in but i think after all the noise the club has made in the past season or two about going for the league we have more then settled for 2nd/3rd place, which is disappointing.

This in no disrespect to the guys we have brought in but i think after all the noise the club has made in the past season or two about going for the league we have more then settled for 2nd/3rd place, which is disappointing.

Being realistic, we never had a chance of challenging Celtic this year. The last two seasons we absolutely did. In 14/15 we were incredibly consistent against 10/11 sides but f*cked it in the head to heads with Celtic. Last season we blew our best chance in a generation to win the league with two stupid runs of games, despite managing to beat Celtic twice. We should have loosened the purse strings in January but we didn't and it cost us that chance.

This season, with Celtic having a manager who knows what he's doing, the signings he is able to attract and the money they are bringing in from Champions League and much bigger crowds, we don't have a chance unfortunately, no matter how many well-know players McInnes can bring in.

Also worth mentioning the club never made any noise about going for the league, McInnes made a point of not mentioning it.

I would have liked us to bring in a "big name player" of sorts.

I think this was an important window for the club to signal its intent to compete with Celtic. Of course am not asking us to go out and spend millions like they can but i would have liked us to go after a few players of real quality and spend a little cash. Guys whose names you wouldn’t have to stick into Wikipedia to work out who they are.

Of course every fan wants a 'big name player' and 'signals of intent' but let's be honest that's just noise.

I would hope mcinnes does not judge players that way. Sometimes you just have to trust in what we're doing.

We have no chance of winning the league, 2nd is doable, let's get behind them.

4 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Also worth mentioning the club never made any noise about going for the league, McInnes made a point of not mentioning it.

True, but it's frustrating after Milne's 'tooling up' shite.

5 minutes ago, Mackiemyday said:

Maybe my mind was playing tricks on me about what i wanted them to say.

It was never explicitly said, but I felt that the club implied several times that winning the league was an ambition.