The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

7 hours ago, kingjoey said:

No idea what's going to happen In our season, but your manager has at least guaranteed to everyone that Hibs are going to have a good one. He's certainly started well.

6 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

We've just sold Ramadani for £1.2 million having spent only 75k (wasn't even the reported 100k) on him last summer. Miovski (scored more than any Hibs player) finished our top goalscorer with around 18 goals and will eventually be sold for a fair few million. The Balkan lads have been brilliant business for us and helped us finish 3rd.

Your own Balkan signing, Cabraja, turned out rubbish and has already exited Hibs. You also signed Jeggo and Miller who haven't exactly set the heather alight. Plus a 37 year old in ALF from the A-League.

lol-what.gif

5 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Pfffft.

A Hibs fan lecturing Aberdeen on transfers when they still can’t find replacements for Hanlon & Stevenson, despite signing about 5 (utterly shite) left backs to replace Stevenson.

Just you focus on turning around that 1-2 defeat to the night of Andorra.

😆 🤡

5 hours ago, coprolite said:

Wee ff spending his school holidays alone trolling the grown ups from his bedroom with witless pish. 

Sad. 

Probably furiously ripping the heid off because he got some "bites"

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I take it that the £1m+ that we're getting for Ramadani will allow us to pay the £700k to Celtic for Liam Scales before Saturday. 

Was hoping the money would be spent on a new midfielder, but would take Scales if Celtic will let him go!

£700k for Scales feels like a lot of cash but may be worth it if there are no other options on the table for left sided defenders.

That is, assuming Celtic don’t want to keep him. I have read he has had a decent pre-season with them. 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I take it that the £1m+ that we're getting for Ramadani will allow us to pay the £700k to Celtic for Liam Scales before Saturday. 

Would be very disappointed if we paid £700k for Scales. Surely would get better than him for that sort of money. 

4 minutes ago, STFU_Donny said:

£700k for Scales feels like a lot of cash but may be worth it if there are no other options on the table for left sided defenders.

That is, assuming Celtic don’t want to keep him. I have read he has had a decent pre-season with them. 

Record reporting that Starfelt might be on the move so they might not be looking to let Scales go anywhere while they’re already a man down in that position.

1 hour ago, Sliv75 said:

Was hoping the money would be spent on a new midfielder, but would take Scales if Celtic will let him go!

I think it's likely we'll be spending a decent fee on a defensive midfielder before the window closes. On top of that, Aberdeen still haven't spent the cash they set aside for Teklic so we may potentially also see a fee spent on an attacking midfielder. Its gone very quiet on the killian Phillips front so may have just been agent talk.

Regarding Scales, I was told eons ago we were signing him permanently. Clearly that didn't happen. I've always thought this might transpire into a Ryan Christie situation where Celtic string us along only for us to miss out on cheaper/better alternatives. I like Scales but 700k is a steep figure for what you are getting. Given our recent success recruitment wise in Europe I'd like to see if we could source a better alternative.

Scott Burns today has claimed the club are looking to strengthen the midfield and forward areas. 

I predict 4 players to sign before the window SLAMS shut.

11 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I think it's likely we'll be spending a decent fee on a defensive midfielder before the window closes. On top of that, Aberdeen still haven't spent the cash they set aside for Teklic so we may potentially also see a fee spent on an attacking midfielder. Its gone very quiet on the killian Phillips front so may have just been agent talk.

Regarding Scales, I was told eons ago we were signing him permanently. Clearly that didn't happen. I've always thought this might transpire into a Ryan Christie situation where Celtic string us along only for us to miss out on cheaper/better alternatives. I like Scales but 700k is a steep figure for what you are getting. Given our recent success recruitment wise in Europe I'd like to see if we could source a better alternative.

Scott Burns today has claimed the club are looking to strengthen the midfield and forward areas. 

From what I was told, Celtic are asking for more than £700k.

Mote like £1m.

That’s why, IF it happens, it’ll just be a loan again 

11 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Four more new faces sounds about right assuming no one else is leaving - I would say at least two need to be in defence.

I know it's a predictable annual waiting game with the transfer window, but it never fails to frustrate when so many deals go down to the wire. We have six competitive games before the window closes.

Edited by bpdon

11 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Our expanded scouting network must surely be able to source a left centre half of at least, if not better quality, for say £500k?

You’d like to think so. Group stages isn’t an excuse to chuck money about. Not a fee we’d have considered paying 12 months ago, I just don’t see us getting a return on that. 

That kind of money is for a clarkson, duk or miovski type signing imo. 

Official site has 23 first team squad players. 

Includes Richardson who I thought was out on loan.

Excludes Towler, Ritchie and Bavidge, but Milne is in. Unsure if this is of any significance.

I count 7 homegrown in the existing list. 

If ramadani and Stewart go then we’re light on numbers, homegrown or otherwise. And those remaining include unproven prospects or “proven to be mediocre” McKenzie, Morris, Williams, Barron, Besuijen, Polvara, Milne, Doohan, (maybe Duncan) a couple of genuine unknowns (Dadya and Rubi) and a couple of geriatrics that will need managed game time.

We have three quality strikers (I haven’t seen Sokler but those who have sound impressed) and a solid spine. Which is great.

Lets get the McCrorie and McKenna money splashed.