The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

I thought he was poor yesterday aswell. He's all pace. That's all he brings. There's no end product. But that could also be aimed at every Aberdeen player yesterday. Can't get over the amount of times we hit the first man at set pieces or with crosses. 

I really hope Robson gets the backing he needs for this squad because we are so short of quality in certain areas. Yes injuries have impaced the centre half area but there's still a lot of work to do. Hopefully. 

Morris was poor yesterday but the 2 I was most disappointed in yesterday were Duk and Clarkson. I expect much better from those 2.

Was surprised by how well MacKenzie handled Nouble.

I really want to see Livingston relegated but sadly their big physical side will survive with a bit to spare

8 hours ago, tarapoa said:

he turned well, but was cynically fouled - so we didn’t get a chance

^Microcosm of every game at Livi.😉

On another day Dante(i thought he did ok generally) doesn't f**k up that pass or Duk takes one of his chances and we walk out of that pit of plastic with a W.

I'll refrain from jumping on the panic bus  until our business is done and after at least the second third game of the season.

Instantly forgettable game to everyone on the planet bar these livi lads who somehow managed to enjoy the game, fair play to them.

59 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

Morris was poor yesterday but the 2 I was most disappointed in yesterday were Duk and Clarkson. I expect much better from those 2.

Was surprised by how well MacKenzie handled Nouble.

I really want to see Livingston relegated but sadly their big physical side will survive with a bit to spare

I think Clarkson was always destined to have a poor game when the ball was lumped over him constantly. Could see in the 2nd half when he was defending corners he wasn't best pleased. He was right in front of me. 

Duk certainly looks like he's carrying extra timber. Needs to shift that pronto. 

16 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Robson staying that "on another day we win that game 2 0" in his post match interview is the most concerning part of Saturday's loss.

Although it was a poor game, it was an early away draw. There is a long season ahead and still time to balance the squad.

22 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Robson staying that "on another day we win that game 2 0" in his post match interview is the most concerning part of Saturday's loss.

He's just sticking up for his squad there I think. If he's coming away with that after 11 games and we're well off the pace then that'll be justified concern.

He's got this McInnesness about him that "you have to earn the right to play football". The problem with that is that if you don't get things right, you can easily spend the whole season without actually playing football.

That's going to be the more likely scenario unless we sort out the defence and wide areas rapidly.

19 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Aberdeen and Dundee are both keen to snap up Crystal Palace starlet Killian Phillips, but he will need to pen a new deal before being loaned, according to journalist Alan Nixon.

He'd obviously pick you guys over us but a 22 year old CM captain of an EPL 2 side is pretty much what Dundee are screaming out for.

23 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I would have preferred to have seen Sokler (despite being a striker) or Vinny play ahead of him. Morris is struggling to perform at this level.

Robson leaving his Subs until the remaining 10-15 mins was frustrating. Straight out the McInnes' textbook. 

So many people obsessed with Derek McInnes. 

18 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Oh what a happy breed.

I think we have a smaller tether rhan significantly weaker squad one that’s also unbalanced.

ComplaininG about lick of signings, May be completely outwits out control with prospective targets relying on their clubs finding replacements?

Also Glass $ Goodwin are gone so that’s a pluss

Did you get your "rs" and "ts" transposed, Rn?

12 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

If he hasn't been on yet, may I invite @VincentGuerinto give us Aberdeen fans his prediction on how the season will unfold given Hearts stellar summer signings  and their star quality returning from injury.

It would cut down considerably the number of posts I have to read...

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

So many people obsessed with Derek McInnes. 

Not at all. McInnes brought credibility back to our club and I will always think positively of him. I was disappointed when he left. However there's no doubt Robson has picked up a thing or two from McInnes.

It did frustrate me how Robson didn't make any changes until the remaining 15 mins of the match. Something McInnes was known for.

If by some miracle we qualify for the Europa league group stages and finish 3rd in the table. We'd then drop into the conference league last 16.

https://groundhopperguides.com/the-2023-24-uefa-europa-conference-league-schedule/#:~:text=This round consists of a,year Aston Villa%2C will join.

"This round consists of a two-legged tie between eight teams that finished second in the Conference League Groups and eight who finished third in their Europa League Groups, thus dropping into the Conference League."

45 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Not at all. McInnes brought credibility back to our club and I will always think positively of him. I was disappointed when he left. However there's no doubt Robson has picked up a thing or two from McInnes.

It did frustrate me how Robson didn't make any changes until the remaining 15 mins of the match. Something McInnes was known for.

I would definitely agree with you that Barry Robson is too slow to make subs.