The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I agree, understand the team selection fully. And whilst the subs helped, people are talking like we were shit up to that point. We were not. 

We definitely weren't shit or anything approaching it. We lost a really shit goal, but shouldn't have been behind. McGrath and McGarry definitely improved us though. 

4 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Well I wasn’t hugely optimistic before seeing the team selection 

Swedish champions, away from home, great record at home, artificial pitch etc…

Having seen the team we have out?

Hacken to win by a couple 

Get it up ye.

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

We definitely weren't shit or anything approaching it. We lost a really shit goal, but shouldn't have been behind. McGrath and McGarry definitely improved us though. 

Absolutely but you know, I know and Barry robson knows that the team that started tonight isn’t the team that should be regularly playing this season. 

I totally get why he picked it tonight though and actually the changes he made and the timing of it were good so fair play to him. 

I thought we’d be going to play for a draw tonight and I was very pleasantly surprised. 

51 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I don't think it was CLEARLY wrong. Barry Robson couldn't take a chance in such a big game by starting players that had just come in, although I would have started McDonald. Robson always gets criticised for his lack of substitutions and the lateness of them. That can't be levelled at him tonight. 

Playing Ryan Duncan, a right winger by preference, at left wing back, against their best player, was very strange. 
And wrong 

56 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The last time we played Hacken away (2 years ago) we lost 2-0. The Aberdeen team that played:

Lewis, Ramsay, McCrorie, Considine, Hayes, Hedges, Ferguson, Brown, Ojo, JET and Ramirez.

Subs used: McLennan, Jon Gallagher, Jack Gurr, Jenks and McKenzie.

Our team has definitely improved.

Took me a few seconds to work out who Brown was. 

What a strange time.

1 hour ago, STFU_Donny said:

I saw on Twitter that he had created a similar amount of chances to Leighton Clarkson last season. There’s clearly a player there. I’m hopeful he sees Aberdeen as a place to get some stability back to his career.

To sell Ramadani for 1.1 million and then proceed to sign Jamie McGrath on a free is smart recruitment. I hadn't realized how well he'd performed for Dundee Utd last season. I felt underwhelmed when his name popped up the other day but he looks to be a player. We still need to find a "like for like" replacement for Ramadani but I think the midfield is looking good overall.

Credit to Cormack as he's definitely improved our player trading and the calibre of acquisitions. Including the current transfer window, the last three have been the most consistent and successful windows I can remember.

10 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Playing Ryan Duncan, a right winger by preference, at left wing back, against their best player, was very strange. 
And wrong 

Is it that strange when you scratch the surface?

we have to assume hayes isn’t fit, mcgarry won’t be ready for 60 mins never mind 90, you could bring in Jensen to a back 3 and push Mackenzie out there but Jensen joined the squad at midnight the night before. Clearly we don’t feel McDonald is up to starting yet either. 

Robson does not want to be playing Duncan every week as a wing back, but he’s assessed the options and gone with it. You could argue he could’ve gambled on someone else but the logic behind the selection was pretty clear to me. The game didn’t go so badly that it was ‘clearly wrong’. We looked vulnerable yes but the boy sadiq is a quality player and would have got joy out of Hayes, Mackenzie and likely mcgarry too. 

16 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Given that your wee pal Brendan has said that all three injured defenders are out for eight weeks, do you believe it now wee willie?

St Brendan has got more faces than a rubik's cube David,he brings CCV back too soon now hes out of longer he also said Welsh got a knock in training plus 8 weeks for Nawrocki's hamstring,Ange would've just said i'm not a doctor.
Anyway decent result last night for the dandies didn't catch it been up your way all week and next.

3 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

St Brendan has got more faces than a rubik's cube David,he brings CCV back too soon now hes out of longer he also said Welsh got a knock in training plus 8 weeks for Nawrocki's hamstring,Ange would've just said i'm not a doctor.
Anyway decent result last night for the dandies didn't catch it been up your way all week and next.

You stay away from my way wee willie. 

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

Wonder if there's anyone interesting on the private jet that flew in from Brussels this morning 👀

Could be a UEFA official bringing the sack of sprouts that gets awarded along with the Best 2-2 Away Win In Europe Trophy? 😉

Edited by Squonk