The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Looks like a different 'option'.

In this league, it sometimes pays to have a big unit up front - though they often struggle to win over many of our fans. 

Again, maybe signs that there is a Plan B & C - and finally something resembling a squad equipped to fight on three fronts between now and the turn of the year.     

I genuinely thought the club would happily wait it out until deadline day, with the usual loan options - but if landed, these signings would remain consistent with Barry stating he would prefer more 'Aberdeen players'' after finishing last season with eight first team squad players that belonged to other clubs.

Just found out that the transfer window closes at 11.00pm on 1st September. Was worried that it was 31st August.

18 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

McGrath should at least be an upgrade on Polvara. It would be nice to have one more option in there, especially if Barron isn't in serious contention. 

I rate Scales higher than most of our fans, but I would imagine that they have settled on Jensen as an alternative because he has a similar profile.

And much less than half the alleged £1.1m the **** wanted for their 5th or 6th choice centre half 

20 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Much prefer a Random pie chart tbh.

Funny i looked at him last night.

First season there it showed him as a very good, dynamic goalscoring target man.

Second season seemed more static but still a goalscoring target man.

Last season he lost the goals and his only value seemed to be aerially.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Funny i looked at him last night.

First season there it showed him as a very good, dynamic goalscoring target man.

Second season seemed more static but still a goalscoring target man.

Last season he lost the goals and his only value seemed to be aerially.

Oh ffs 🤣

What about Jensen compared to Scales?

In a fleeting moment of optimism, my hope with regards McGrath is that he might flourish surrounded by better players...

And maybe his old man will keep his nose out and the lad can concentrate on playing well for us without constantly looking for a move.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

Different types of player.

I'd have liked Levitt if we didn't have Clarkson.

Yeah on trying to get a bite mate.  Good player is McGrath and would have had him at ER.   Hearts will say hes shit and never wanted him and clearly be really angrily serious. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

Pape Habib Gueye might be better suited to the scottish game given his height. I'm excited to see him play.

I fear Duk may be away. My heart was already broken with the sale of Ramadani.

Jensen sounds promising. 9 caps in the last year for Finland. More than half the price of Scales. We are supposedly still monitoring that situation.

Im over the shock. McGrath is a good player. I think he'll pleasantly surprise some of us.

If we sign a decent defensive  midfielder (Potentially Jensen) to replace Ramadani. I'll be pleased with this window. 

13 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Pape Habib Gueye might be better suited to the scottish game given his height. I'm excited to see him play.

I fear Duk may be away. My heart was already broken with the sale of Ramadani.

Jensen sounds promising. 9 caps in the last year for Finland. More than half the price of Scales. We are supposedly still monitoring that situation.

Im over the shock. McGrath is a good player. I think he'll pleasantly surprise some of us.

If we sign a decent defensive  midfielder (Potentially Jensen) to replace Ramadani. I'll be pleased with this window. 

If we play Jensen as a defensive midfielder that still leaves us a left sided centre half short. 

FWIW, I don’t think he’ll play there.

We do need a Ramadani type though. 

42 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

If we play Jensen as a defensive midfielder that still leaves us a left sided centre half short. 

FWIW, I don’t think he’ll play there.

We do need a Ramadani type though. 

Yeah we really need to source a proper defensive midfielder. Both the solvenian and North Macedonian sounded promising players. Possibly failed in our attempts.

I see both Millwall and Watford were looking to sign Gueye for 2 million a few years ago. Only 23. Clearly has potential. Could be a brilliant signing. 

How much for Duk realistically? 6 million. More?

15 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Yeah we really need to source a proper defensive midfielder. Both the solvenian and North Macedonian sounded promising players. Possibly failed in our attempts.

I see both Millwall and Watford were looking to sign Gueye for 2 million a few years ago. Only 23. Clearly has potential. Could be a brilliant signing. 

How much for Duk realistically? 6 million. More?

We need to push the envelope as we need to give 50% of it away.

Hopefully the Saudis show an interest, but not before January, preferably next summer.

Your figure is realistic, but effectively getting £3m for Duk seems light. 

2 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Hopefully the Saudis show an interest, but not before January, preferably next summer.

I feel he'd have to replicate last season's form to command a fee better than 6 million. A profit of 3 million is still fantastic given we paid nothing for him.

Our player trading has certainly improved under Cormack.

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

If we can keep him until after the summer window closes he’ll be away on African cup of nations in January so unlikely be sold. Meaning a good tournament and get even more for him