The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I'm sure everybody would pick a win on Sunday - I can just imagine some digging him out for it if we lose at Hampden too. I'm possibly being too cynical about our fans. I thought the reaction to the selection in Helsinki, although I didn't travel so maybe would have felt differently if I was actually there, was a bit OTT too, though. 

Agreed that was over the top but an away game in Europe is pretty unique for those that travel and will have cost a lot of money. I don’t think team selection at a home game would provoke the same reaction. 

The losing the final anyway criticism is inevitable. Resting players doesn’t guarantee anything, but you can’t really avoid the moron element that think like that. 

1 hour ago, STFU_Donny said:

Frankfurt can’t win the group anymore so doubt they’re going to field a full strength side. Likewise, I doubt we will either with the cup final next weekend.

Eintracht are at Leverkusen on Sunday - so reckon at £34, this could be the most expensive reserve match many of us have attended.

17 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Eintracht are at Leverkusen on Sunday - so reckon at £34, this could be the most expensive reserve match many of us have attended.

There have been calls to bring back the reserve league for player development. I hadn’t realised this was at the European level though.

20 hours ago, tarapoa said:

I moved ST this year to back of RDR. What I didn’t take into consideration is the extra cup matches are all platinum category so this one’s costing me £40 🫠 suppose I could’ve switched seat.

16 hours ago, STFU_Donny said:

Is Alex Neil the management version of Alan Gow for us?

Not quite, that was Stuart Baxter.

Maybe the stars are aligning a bit more this time.

Still hope it works out for Barry, but if not, the FMB should be in a position to act quickly. Not sure a Tynecastle vacancy is far away either given the mood music there.  Would imagine Neil may be more inclined to consider a move back north this time (if indeed he is a credible candidate, which I'm sure he would be for both clubs depending on his wage demands).

AGM highlights from twitter seem to be

• Dave would bin VAR
  • Working at an operating loss and counting on player sales to make profit
  • No bank debt
  • "Including manager Barry Robson and the senior players, we all agree that our league form has not been good enough. As with every manager we employ, Barry will be judged on results over the coming weeks, months, and, as we sincerely hope, seasons"
  • Barron contract talks "ongoing" (imo more likely going nowhere, hence him being dropped recently)
  • Vinnie working hard to impress in training but not getting a game because everyone in front of him is performing well (aye right)

29 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Barron changing agents certainly makes it seem more likely to me he's looking for a move.

Rumours are pre-contract with the **** but then who knows, it's exactly the week a rumour like that would appear.

Maybe we'll be lucky and a new agent will look at Lewis Ferguson as an example and get Connor on a new deal pronto

2 hours ago, Flammable sheep said:

AGM highlights from twitter seem to be

• Dave would bin VAR
  • Working at an operating loss and counting on player sales to make profit
  • No bank debt
  • "Including manager Barry Robson and the senior players, we all agree that our league form has not been good enough. As with every manager we employ, Barry will be judged on results over the coming weeks, months, and, as we sincerely hope, seasons"
  • Barron contract talks "ongoing" (imo more likely going nowhere, hence him being dropped recently)
  • Vinnie working hard to impress in training but not getting a game because everyone in front of him is performing well (aye right)

This ‘senior players’ pish gets on my goat, came out with it post Darvel, decisions on management should have nothing to do with ‘senior players’