The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

After knocking the club about not publicising  potential wrong fixture dates, I would like to congratulate them In updating their scoreboard software which means that the time in each half doesn't now stop at 45.00 and 90.00. Also like the club badges replacing the three letter club names on the scoreboard. Take my applause AFC.

I found the scoreboard a bit distracting on Tuesday (sitting in the South).  Felt like someone was turning a bright light on and off every couple of minutes.  Not as bad as the seagulls, mind.

36 minutes ago, O_Kahn said:

I found the scoreboard a bit distracting on Tuesday (sitting in the South).  Felt like someone was turning a bright light on and off every couple of minutes.  Not as bad as the seagulls, mind.

You were one of the booers (may not be an actual word) at half time, weren’t you?

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You were one of the booers (may not be an actual word) at half time, weren’t you?

No, I pledged to give the new management team at least 135 minutes before I went down that road.

17 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Just had a look at the AFC website and see them promoting the St Mirren game on 10th August. It never seems to happen, but surely they should be clarifying that this match could be on either the 10th or 11th depending on how St Mirren fare in their European tie this and next week. I know that the chances are that they will be knocked out, but if for some reason they’re not, then the club should be making it clear about the dubiety over the date.

Clubs and the league are really poor with this.

Aberdeen's two games with Hearts, currently listed on the SPFL website, Hearts' website, and Aberdeen's website as October 5th and November 30th, will both definitely not be played on those dates, as Hearts have Thursday games.

I accept it's possible they maybe get moved to the Monday or something, but at least provisionally listing them as the default Sunday 3pm at this stage would make sense.

None of Hearts' European dates have yet been accounted for on any fixture list. We know there are 8 Saturday games (at least) that won't happen.

It's poor.

It's already had a DEVASTATING impact on my life, as my mum consulted her fixture list and booked a dinner out for a few of us for a Sunday she assumed was free.  Too much hassle to move it. No Motherwell away for me.

13 hours ago, kingjoey said:

After knocking the club about not publicising  potential wrong fixture dates, I would like to congratulate them In updating their scoreboard software which means that the time in each half doesn't now stop at 45.00 and 90.00. Also like the club badges replacing the three letter club names on the scoreboard. Take my applause AFC.

Scoreboards should all read only

Home:

Visitors:

Anything else is bourgeoise decadence.

Bologna appear to have spent about £12m on a striker from Ligue 1 - sounds like their Zirkzee replacement.

They’d still have money left for Bojan, but could well be one bidder out.

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

Hopefully signed up for Saturday

bird-prey-hawk-raptor-northern-goshawk.j

My mate was saying that the hawk won’t be used mid august due to how many baby gulls going about apparently 

Just now, Moorie said:

My mate was saying that the hawk won’t be used mid august due to how many baby gulls going about apparently 

Pah. This is exactly the type of ruthlessness we need at the club. Especially at home. 

19 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Just had a look at the AFC website and see them promoting the St Mirren game on 10th August. It never seems to happen, but surely they should be clarifying that this match could be on either the 10th or 11th depending on how St Mirren fare in their European tie this and next week. I know that the chances are that they will be knocked out, but if for some reason they’re not, then the club should be making it clear about the dubiety over the date.

I agree, other matches could also be moved to a Sunday.

Kilmarnock (H) - Saturday 24th August
Hearts (H) - Saturday 5th October (Sunday unless Hearts play Tuesday or Wednesday)
Hearts (A) - Saturday 30th November (Sunday unless Hearts play Tuesday or Wednesday)
Rangers (A) - Saturday 14th December (unless they qualify for the Champions League)

Edited by betting competition

I know there’s 5 weeks left of the transfer window, but with little over a week until the league starts, is anyone slightly concerned at the quality & depth of the squad?

I’d say we’re needing a minimum of 4 good players in.

Two wingers, a centre mid & a right back. 

I’d also argue if/when Bojan leaves, we’d need a striker as I’m not sure that Sokler is good enough.

As the squad stands, we’ll be lucky to be top 6 IMO.

Thoughts? 

33 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I know there’s 5 weeks left of the transfer window, but with little over a week until the league starts, is anyone slightly concerned at the quality & depth of the squad?

I’d say we’re needing a minimum of 4 good players in.

Two wingers, a centre mid & a right back. 

I’d also argue if/when Bojan leaves, we’d need a striker as I’m not sure that Sokler is good enough.

As the squad stands, we’ll be lucky to be top 6 IMO.

Thoughts? 

I hate to be a bit of a doomer, but I am starting the season with similar anxieties. Albeit against lower league oposition, the central midfield has looked like it could be more effective than a lot of last season (although Barron and Polvara are obviously unfortunate depth deficits in that area). The new central defence and keeper combo is untested. Question marks remain over all our full backs. We have zero wingers/width that we can rely on. Sokler is alright, but nowhere near Miovski's levels - more concerning is the current alternatives to Sokler.

So, aye. Lots of holes to fill in this squad and we probably have to endure the irritating annual test of our patience through to late August to see any meaningful transfer business progressing.

Edited by bpdon