The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I must admit I’m a bit relieved if the bojan issue is about to be resolved. Dragging it out through the window wouldn’t have been good for anyone. 

And it looks like it’s been holding back any more signings.

Question, currently hypothetical:

Would you rather sell Bojan for say £6.5m, bank £4.5m & spend £2m on 3 players (2 wingers & a midfielder)

or keep him for 12 months.

I’d lean to the former 

7 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

And it looks like it’s been holding back any more signings.

Question, currently hypothetical:

Would you rather sell Bojan for say £6.5m, bank £4.5m & spend £2m on 3 players (2 wingers & a midfielder)

or keep him for 12 months.

I’d lean to the former 

It’s the former. 

Ultimately he’s expecting to get his move now and clearly there’s a quiet agreement behind the scenes that we’ll make that happen for him. It’s the right time and we’re unlikely to do well from digging our heels in and keeping him. 

Ultimately miovski will earn us good money but more than that, longer term he becomes a good news story that we can share with the next prospective miovski and prove this is the place for them to build their career. 

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s the former. 

Ultimately he’s expecting to get his move now and clearly there’s a quiet agreement behind the scenes that we’ll make that happen for him. It’s the right time and we’re unlikely to do well from digging our heels in and keeping him. 

Ultimately miovski will earn us good money but more than that, longer term he becomes a good news story that we can share with the next prospective miovski and prove this is the place for them to build their career. 

Yip.

Celtic f**ked themselves over offering themselves as a stepping stone, then turning down good offers.

9 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Yip.

Celtic f**ked themselves over offering themselves as a stepping stone, then turning down good offers.

It’s just the model isn’t it? It relies on the conveyor belt of players coming through which means letting go of the best ones at the right time, which usually isn’t very long. 

If we can build ourselves a bit of a portfolio of success stories then it really lays the foundation for the future. 

21 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

If we can build ourselves a bit of a portfolio of success stories then it really lays the foundation for the future. 

See, Dave, someone has read the Philosophy and Strategy document.

Can anyone tell me how much tickets were for Dons fans away at St Johnstone on Monday night? I've tried asking both clubs as the info is no longer online, but neither have replied.

Preferably, if you have the info for all categories (adult, over 65, under 18, ambulant, etc) that would be great.

It's for a piece comparing away ticket prices.

Saw some people point out that the team we signed him from is part of the City group as is Girona obviously. Most likely reading too much into it and the deals are completely separate but who knows.

Could be a good one. Fingers crossed.

Reading that press release really does show how much the big clubs, English ones especially, treat young players as tradeable assets rather than actual people. Farming them out all over the place. Could be an adventure for them, could be really alienating.

Very much adopting the US sports model - read earlier in the year about an NBA player who only found out he'd been traded to a team hundreds of miles away when his son called him upset about it. Roster update had been published online and the kid's mates told him about it at school. Grim, but I guess it's part of what they all sign up for.

Anyway, Ante and Dante - coming December 2024.

A one year deal with a club option for an extra two is an interesting one. His Wikipedia page says he's a defensive midfielder but he describes himself as a creative midfielder. No idea how this will go but if City were willing to pay 7 million for him he must have something about him.

Good age too. I suppose the one year deal is due to injury and the fact he's moved about every season. Could work out really well, if he's shit/perma injured then we're not tied down.
Good to have more cover in midfield. Now please sign a winger 🙏

Our midfield looks ace when everyone is fit.
Shinnie, Heltne Nilsen, McGrath, Clarkson, Polvara and Palaversa (if he's as good as the above suggests)

Plus Milne as cover and Boyd and Marshall coming through.

Shopping list should now just be a right back to cover/compete with Devlin and quality wingers.