The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Hopefully Wilson signs for Preston or Sunderland as not convinced we should be signing him on the back of a couple of performances at the end of last season. Cynic in me thinks the performances were because his contract was running down and once he has a contract he will revert to the idle waster we had for the rest of his time with Dons.

Personally I'm very positive about Wilson. Clearly got heaps of talent, fast as lightning, and if fit and motivated, he'll score a bucket load. Not only that, he'll likely net us a fortune when it's time for him to move on.

Definitely worth the old 'speculate to accumulate' imo.

I’d give Wilson a go.

I’m somewhat naive possibly but I’d love to see him fulfil his potential with us.

Head screwed on, fit and not shooting every time he gets within 50 yards of goal, he could be our best attacking player by a distance. He looks like a guy who just needs to enjoy his football again to be honest. He’s incredibly frustrating to watch at times though as he is very talented.

He might just find a move to us a few steps too far down from man united though.

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Signings so far look like the sheep will be more physical next season with Taylor,Bryson and Main.
Out of the 3 Bryson to full Shinnies shoes will be interesting his experience should be good but at 32 maybe not his legs.

The signings we've made overall would suggest the opposite. Taylor and Main will spend most of the season on the bench, barring any serious injuries.

We've also signed an attacking left back, a Welsh international winger, and Bryson fit will be one of the best midfielders in the league.

If anything we'll be back to the 2016 style of 4231, at least that looks to be the aim.

7 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

The signings we've made overall would suggest the opposite. Taylor and Main will spend most of the season on the bench, barring any serious injuries.

We've also signed an attacking left back, a Welsh international winger, and Bryson fit will be one of the best midfielders in the league.

If anything we'll be back to the 2016 style of 4231, at least that looks to be the aim.

I think it's all like for like will Leigh be better than Lowe,will Hedges be better than GMS, will Bryson be better than Shinnie.
On paper looks decent.

As long as you put your mum down 

Enjoy your Italian soap opera and return to obscurity this season wee man. We’ll stick to reaching finals and challenging at the top end with our massive budget [emoji106]

Who knows maybe we’ll buy one of your Scotland stars and you can be our wee feeder club? After all we pretty much own you anyway.

9 minutes ago, Sarky Lamb said:

Enjoy your Italian soap opera and return to obscurity this season wee man. We’ll stick to reaching finals and challenging at the top end with our massive budget emoji106.png

Who knows maybe we’ll buy one of your Scotland stars and you can be our wee feeder club? After all we pretty much own you anyway.

Wee man? You must be massive.

I wouldn't be completely opposed to signing Wilson as I think he is a much more gifted footballer than the likes of May and Main, although I would be slightly concerned about where he fits into a team with Cosgrove as I don't think they always got the best from each other when played together last season.

But I'm not sure why some on here are saying that he would score bucketloads if motivated - he hasn't been a prolific goalscorer anywhere in his career to date. Even when he was playing well and busting a gut last season, which wasn't too often, he didn't look like a talisman in the making.

Wilson would give the team pace and the unpredictability of someone who can make things happen. It’s worth taking a chance on a player like this, there are too many players in the game who are basically just athletes. Now without GMS, the team could do with an injection of pace and the lad has talent. 

If you try to play with a fear or a lack of confidence, you’re beat before you start and I felt that was a big part of Wilson’s problem . Whether that’s down to past injuries making him scared I don’t know, but if you get him right mentally he could do really well.

15 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

So, 0-0 with Connah’s Quay Nomads.

Poor result.

They are not a good side. Setup with 5-4-1 when defending and you're obviously missing the creativity to break them down.

With Stewart and McKay Steven gone, who is your "playmaker"?

I think it's all like for like will Leigh be better than Lowe,will Hedges be better than GMS, will Bryson be better than Shinnie.
On paper looks decent.

Let’s hope so.

We were 4th with the 3 players that left....