Edinpar

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Alcohol - makes me feel crap, hangovers are crippling

2. Nando's - just...rubbish

3. Twitter - what's the point?

4. Only Fools and Horses - never got it, never found it funny

5. Men dressing up as women for "comedy" (Mrs Brown/Lily Savage/Dame Edna)- don't get it at all

1. The fascinating Witches

2. Scintilating stitches in the britches of boys

3. Noses of the faces of the ladies of the harem

4. The court of Caractacus

5. A picture of 1-4.

This lot must've passed me too, I've not a clue what any of them are about. Google time.

1. The Madchester music scene .

2. Video games

3.rave scene ( lived in SE England during the days of 100,000 people going nuts in warehouses across London, personally it was meh...)

4. drugs

5.social media

Combine 3 and 4. No longer meh.

Social Networking stuff - never had a facebook account.

Drugs - I don't have a problem with the 'soft' ones but I've never tried them and I'm more than happy on the loud mouth soup.

Mrs Brown's Boys - Its like a throwback to the 70's, it's just so unoriginal.

Xbox's etc - I play a couple of 'war' games on the PC and love FM but not into the shooter/driving type things or even football type games.

Spirits - not ghosties and stuff, vodka etc, I can drink it for a toast and that, I just don't enjoy it but lagers good and vino is even better.

I'd never even heard of Man In The Mirror by Michael Jackson until he'd died and it got played everywhere. People thought I was fucking weird for having never heard it before.

I'd never even heard of Man In The Mirror by Michael Jackson until he'd died and it got played everywhere. People thought I was fucking weird for having never heard it before.

Same. I assumed it was a generic album track but it was actually a released single.

Same. I assumed it was a generic album track but it was actually a released single.

Bizarre stuff. I sometimes wonder what the most famous songs, films etc that I don't know are, certainly Man In The Mirror must've been it before he died going by everyones reaction to me not knowing it, although I'm glad someone else was the same as me.

Also, reading through this thread I'd say the biggest thing that's passed me by is whenever the phrase "passed me by" started being used to describe things that folk know all about and have done since it started but merely don't like it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just remembered one. Long Division.

Circa 1986 during a particularly gripping storyline arc in Neighbours, I took a 3 week sickie (this was in the days before the late afternoon repeat). This coincided with my primary school illuminating us on the mysteries of long division and to this day, I've not got the first idea how it all works.

Cardinal Richelieu, on 22 Jul 2014 - 09:54, said:

Just remembered one. Long Division.

Circa 1986 during a particularly gripping storyline arc in Neighbours, I took a 3 week sickie (this was in the days before the late afternoon repeat). This coincided with my primary school illuminating us on the mysteries of long division and to this day, I've not got the first idea how it all works.

No longer taught these days. The pupils generally just get a calculator section instead.

Archived