Dundee United 2014/15 Season

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my tickets for the LC final yesterday. Good seats in the South Stand. Looking forward to it.

Did you queue up at 5am like a retard or phone up at 9am like a sane person?

United say Morris is out for 2/3 weeks with a torn thigh muscle. Seems optimistic to me.

You'll win absolutely f**k all this season :lol:

You won't even qualify for Europe. Again.

To be fair, the likes of hayes, whilst he is a decent player at this level, will not not go any higher than the scottish premier. Jack will likely leave in the summer. Pawlett and Mclean are the only two other players in the aberdeen team that have a decent re-sale value

In the last games they played, the average age of the Aberdeen starting line up and the Dundee United starting line up was the exact same, FWIW

Utd have Charlie telfer who looks like he may go on to have decent re-sale value. Ciftci is an obvious one but he'll be away on a bosman/pca quicker than he can count his subsequent signing on fee.

That's about it tbh.

Genuine question - For a team so renowned for developing young talent utd sure are struggling in the development league. Is this the end of the cathro era or just a gap between crops?

Utd have Charlie telfer who looks like he may go on to have decent re-sale value. Ciftci is an obvious one but he'll be away on a bosman/pca quicker than he can count his subsequent signing on fee.

That's about it tbh.

Genuine question - For a team so renowned for developing young talent utd sure are struggling in the development league. Is this the end of the cathro era or just a gap between crops?

Ciftci's contract runs until 2016. He'll be away in the summer, I'm sure.

Ciftci's contract runs until 2016. He'll be away in the summer, I'm sure.

Has there been much in the way of interest for ciftci? Usually you hear rumours etc but his name never seems to come up.

Undoubtedly capable of playing down south in the championship/league 1.

That's about it tbh.

The dev squad is very young and inexperienced compared to the rest of the league. I suppose the theory is that at that age you make better progress when you play against older, more experienced players.

They also have Taylor. I'm not quite sure what the point in your reply was though. Do you think Uniteds team is littered with 'decent re-sale value' players?

Ash Taylor? I'm not sure the market's crying out for mediocre centre halves.

United's squad clearly was littered with decent re-sale value players, hence the £8M plus in sales in the last 9 months.

From the remaining lot we'll get a decent fee in the summer for Ciftci and in the longer term for Telfer, Spittal and probably Muirhead as well. That's rather beside the point though. I think the suggestion was that we've sold players for (in the context of the Scottish game) massive fees whereas Aberdeen, St Johnstone and Dundee (chortle) have kept their best talents because their best talents are relatively shit and no one wants them. Nobody needs to speculate as to how much Gauld, Robertson, Armstrong were worth because those deals have been done - the question is whether these other clubs have anyone who would be worth buying and you're pointing at Ash Taylor. :lol:

Wait, you're ridiculing Ash Taylor yet throwing out Blair Spittal?

Nae bather.

Not at all, you can only pish with the cock you're given so good luck to the guy. No, I'm ridiculing you for comparing Taylor to the likes of Gauld, Robertson and Armstrong. We've already done our business so there's no need to speculate whether we had guys worth buying. Time will tell whether Ash Taylor goes on to become a multi million pound player. My guess is probably not.

I find the infatuation about our youth development/selling policy by fans of other teams to be a bit puzzling. I also find it funny that the realistic and laid back approach of P&B Arabs to our players moving on to other clubs is causing so much consternation to others.

The mature approach to Arabs on here contrasts greatly with the infantile mewings of those who seriously think clubs like United can survive in the modern game without capitalising on their better, more experienced players. If it upsets them so much they should maybe go to the next game and stand beside the wee fannies holding up banners criticising Thomson.

Given the uncertainty that some clubs have gone through, and others are still facing, and given United’s own level of recent debt, I’m pleased to think that our club’s future seems financially secure.

Ah, a 'decent re-sale value' is a multi million pound deal?

Thanks for making up the part where I compared Ash Taylor to either of those three players, too. That was ever so pernicious of you.

Are you genuinely not following the thread. Previously:-

1. United sell their best players for lots of money (Gauld, Robertson, Armstrong etc.)
  2. A select band of bell-ends point and laugh at United for selling their best players
  3. It's pointed out that the clubs which those bell-ends support would also sell their best players if they could get a decent fee for them but they don't have anyone of any value
  4. You bring up Ash Taylor (presumably as an example of a player who would generate similar interest or perhaps because you have a peculiar form of Tourette's).

You'll forgive me if I've missed a crucial step or misrepresented you but that looks like the flow the argument has taken.

'Presumably'.

So, yeah, you made it up.

ETA : I added in Taylor as I think he'll have a 'decent re-sale value' as what was the perimeter set out by the person I was replying to.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you actually understood the context of the comment. An error which I now recognise.

Once again you appear to have lost track of the conversation. One would describe a lady as being 'on the blob' when she is menstruating and thus emotionally affected by the increased level of crazy hormones in her system. Typically this time of the month is associated with outward expressions of irrational irritation and mentalism.

So to summarise this exchange - you've mocked that Ash Taylor will not make 'decent re-sale value' as he is nowhere near the level of Gauld, Armstrong or Robertson. Yet your own suggestion, Blair Spittal, will make 'decent re-sale value' because he's not anywhere near the level of the 3 you've already sold. Sound logic.

No, to summarise (again for the apparently slow of thinking/menstruating): I've mocked you for suggesting that Ash Taylor is someone that another club would want to buy in the context of some bell-ends mocking United for selling their best players. The comparison was between Taylor and Robertson, Gauld, Armstrong.

I made no comment at all as to Spittal's ability relative to the three players we recently sold. If you're now asking whether we'll make more money from Spittal than Aberdeen will for Taylor then yes, obviously. Taylor is a bog standard SPL centre half and given his current lack of ability at 24 I'd say it's fairly obvious that he won't go any higher in the game than Aberdeen. It remains to be seen how good Spittal will be when he develops but he's just turned 19 and is already better than Armstrong was at that age so I'd say he's got a decent chance of becoming a good player. Certainly better than the likes of Ash Taylor.

Archived