Dundee United 2014/15 Season

its a home game atleast but my mate (hartlepool fan) got arrested in an Fa Cup 3rd round game in an incident involving their fans and a police horse couple years back so you could be right lol

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I have a go at Paton for not offering enough, Flood's problem was that he wanted to do everything, which often left Rankin just tottering about, and Flood wasn't capable of doing everything! So not a huge miss.

Daly had about four good games that season, so Ciftci has been a colossal improvement, and obviously the attacking trios have stepped up to lessen the loss of Russell.

We desperately need a first choice bruiser of a centre half that can stop the goals rolling in and guide Souttar along, and a striker up top so we can punt Graham somewhere. Apart from that, we're fine, apart from replacing Paton with someone that can actually play fitba ;)

No idea who we will lose though, so hard to be optimistic/pessimistic yet!

Looks like he is on his way to Accies unfortunately.

I know it's not the only criterion, but in the terms of percentage of games won, McLean is our second most successful post-war manager followed by Billy Kirkwood. To date McNamara is fourth.

I'm quite happy to see ST giving it the GIRUY to Sevco and their acolytes within Scottish football.

Billy Kirkwood is one of our worst, i'd have Brewster over him, all but a couple of his wins were in the First division, and imo we'd have survived relegation if Golac was kept on

Houston is top 3-5 without doubt, for importance and longevity then McLean 1st and Kerr 2nd

Btw was enjoying the FF seethe over the article earlier and what is at top of page one, a diddy dee with this gem..... :wacko::lol:

Dont class all us Dundonians like Arabs

Dundee fan here, posted quite a bit here wishing you support when you were going through your administration, basically we've been there and done it, twice... and we never forgot who laughed at us ... yep, only one club ..Dundee Utd, 99% of other clubs sympathised of what us as fans were going through...

Being a good Derry boy, I've always wanted the best for you guys, a great tradition in your city, just like the Dees, the citys clubs, anyway, your far to big a club to be worrying about that freak Thomson, get yourself back up in the prem (because the Dees here to stay) lets get you back at Dens where the Union flag flys... as the Dundee song goes... do you know where hell is... hell is is Tannadice... born under a union jack

Where you hearing this? Would be a good signing, he's nowhere near as bad as people make out.

If true, Jackie must be confident of getting someone else in shortly...... :whistle

Where you hearing this? Would be a good signing, he's nowhere near as bad as people make out.

If true, Jackie must be confident of getting someone else in shortly...... :whistle

People like to deal in extremes - if he's not great then he must be shite. If he's given a regular start and gets plenty of ammunition then he'll do a good enough job in the Premiership. I'll still be pleased to see him go since it will allow us space to bring in someone who might improve the first choice XI which Graham was never going to do.

Btw was enjoying the FF seethe over the article earlier and what is at top of page one, a diddy dee with this gem..... :wacko::lol:

Dont class all us Dundonians like Arabs

Dundee fan here, posted quite a bit here wishing you support when you were going through your administration, basically we've been there and done it, twice... and we never forgot who laughed at us ... yep, only one club ..Dundee Utd, 99% of other clubs sympathised of what us as fans were going through...

Being a good Derry boy, I've always wanted the best for you guys, a great tradition in your city, just like the Dees, the citys clubs, anyway, your far to big a club to be worrying about that freak Thomson, get yourself back up in the prem (because the Dees here to stay) lets get you back at Dens where the Union flag flys... as the Dundee song goes... do you know where hell is... hell is is Tannadice... born under a union jack

Christ looks like they have been infiltrated by Deejango. Horrific stuff.

Like PMS I don't think he is as bad as some folk make out but I won't be sorry to see him gone.

Billy Kirkwood is one of our worst, i'd have Brewster over him, all but a couple of his wins were in the First division, and imo we'd have survived relegation if Golac was kept on

Houston is top 3-5 without doubt, for importance and longevity then McLean 1st and Kerr 2nd

As i made clear the only criterion I was using was the percentage of games won. Using that as a benchmark our best post-war manager was Billy Dodds; 100% record as caretaker. :P

I'd agree but at the end of the day with Graham most fans agree that if we were ever going to get any real return from Graham then he was going to have to get a long run of games where he consistently started in order to build up his confidence a bit. However he's never going to get that whilst Ciftci is here and if we get Boyd or somebody like him then he could very easily be starting the season once again as our third choice striker.

I won't be too bothered if he does go but at times some of the stick he got from our own fans has been pathetic. In the area of the George Fox I sit in it was like the abuse that Daly used to get but times by 100. Some of the people there seemed to be actively willing him to fail for so that they could have a go at him.

Strangely, happy is not the best word to describe my thoughts on the matter.

Honestly think he could be a decent signing for you guys. As a first-team player at Accies (I assume, I confess to not knowing a huge amount about this current Accies side), I think he could be good. Think he needs to be a regular, as opposed to the sub he is/was at United. But he's never going to get a decent run here, what with Ciftci and potentially Boyd/another striker.

And I'm not just saying all of this to be rid of him :ph34r:

Some could argue our top 3 all time managers are.....

!. Wee Jim

2. Jerry Kerr

3. Craig Levein as he was the builder of the 2010 win plus the fact he took us to 2008 league cup final and when he walked in we were heading down.

if you disagree with 3 Golac then ;)

As for PH hes in top 5 but he certainly didnt build the cup winning team just gets the credit for winning the cup though and Levein did more for United than Peter "lets have everyone back for the corner and the youth aint good enough" Houston.

Golac was awful for us. The 24th of May 1994 was a cracking day for us Arabs but the damage he did to our club took 15 years and Craig Levein to rectify.

Wee Jim is the sole reason we are a top 6 club on a regular basis. Without him, not forgetting the fact that were it not for Mr Kerr we wouldn't even be in the top 2 divisions now, we would be fortunate to be a championship club just now...Levein got us back to the level we should be and Houston did well for us with Levein's team. His last season was a disappontment and Jackie has taken us on substantially since he left.

As has been mentioned previously, with the kids we have in place now and the experience built up over the last season then there are genuine reasons for us to hope for a good year this year. Boyd would be delightful (wouldn't have said that 12 months ago) but I'd still rather a decent centre back paring. Whether that means someone coming in and showing Souttar the darker arts of the game or 2 new faces is entirely upto Jackie Mac.... and i think Spittal will be an attacking full back with Watson moving into centre back more of the time....

West fuckin Ham?? Thats the polar opposite of a 'glamour' friendly. Wouldve been as well asking Stoke to come up. I will still go but the standard of our friendlies has dipped remarkably in the last few seasons

Archived