Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

Thanks for explaining the Bar situation.It does seem a bit tricky.

Although it is a shame there is no real fan interest in setting one up again as you could have social nights after certain games etc but if profits are difficult then I suppose there is no point.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Derek Barnes mentioned earlier, it makes me hope that Stevie Hutchinson will make an appearance on the advent calendar... What a keeper!

My memories of Stevie was his constant shout of 'AWAY, AWAY'. Looked for Ross Godfrey too.

There's been a few players I'd liked to have listed but finding pictures for them is difficult! The criteria is pretty much anyone from 2000 onwards (apologies to anyone older but that's as far back as I can consciously remember) and excluding the last two seasons. Number four is on the way.

More, more, more it's day number four. A real personal favourite of mine. On his day he was capable of Magic things, he could single handedly win you a match - sadly he spent most of his time on the tuft. He drew a ridiculous amount of fouls so was injured frequently. He was also partial to a *cough* dive or two. He was unbelievably left of the bench frequently under Welsh, despite the team having little quality.

Anyone need their grass cut? Signed from Stirling Albion it's:

December the 4th:

Marek Tomana

post-58608-0-16311600-1417681091.jpg

More, more, more it's day number four. A real personal favourite of mine. On his day he was capable of Magic things, he could single handedly win you a match - sadly he spent most of his time on the tuft. He drew a ridiculous amount of fouls so was injured frequently. He was also partial to a *cough* dive or two. He was unbelievably left of the bench frequently under Welsh, despite the team having little quality.

Anyone need their grass cut? Signed from Stirling Albion it's:

December the 4th:

Marek Tomana

Remember only too well Stenny players taking it in tun to give him a kicking. A real fans favourite.

Some player.

Willie Lyle especially. A complete thug of a player. Marek was one of those that you turned up to watch and if he wasn't playing you'd be gutted.

I remember him ripping us to bits playing for Stirling and everyone giving him a hard time for going down easy.

If only some financial institution would build us an 8m stadium, then when we Cannae pay the mortgage on it, write off the debt and hand us the keys. That disnae happen tho eh?

No idea. We pay rent on our stadium and we also paid back the agreed amount on the debt(y'know, what the majority of the creditors agreed on) can only imagine you've got a massive chip on your shoulder for no apparent reason about some other team.

I was in the bar a year or so ago for the stock cars and it wasn't exactly great, DF and co are very well clued up with regards to getting revenue streams into the club, if they're not using the bar they'll have sound reasoning behind it.

My memories of Stevie was his constant shout of 'AWAY, AWAY'. Looked for Ross Godfrey too.

There's been a few players I'd liked to have listed but finding pictures for them is difficult! The criteria is pretty much anyone from 2000 onwards (apologies to anyone older but that's as far back as I can consciously remember) and excluding the last two seasons. Number four is on the way.

Ross Godfrey from the When the Sunshine's fanzine 2000/01 calender,lol.

calendar1.jpg

Part-time Alloa have twice drawn with Rangers this season, and have now come from two goals behind to beat them at the death in a cup semi final. They don't have better players than we have, and I can't imagine that they have a bigger budget than us. They apparently played really good possession football at Ibrox, and the move that won the game for them in the cup this week was good, flowing football. Are Alloa better organised and fitter than us? If so, why?

Any info on new left back?

Jimmy knows him from Aberdeen. He came on in the 4-2 loss to Morton a couple of seasons back but I don't really remember him. We were on the back foot by that time so he didn't have anything to do.

He's not Campbell. That's all I need to know.

Archived