Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember that you fell oot wi me and heggie cos we never woke you up.

The season hadn't even started and I was in the bad books that's why I wasn't too happy about it! Great day out though. The Berwick manager John Coughlin was in Linlithgow club that day as well.

Yes if I recall correctly this was pre-season 2006/07. It was a 1-1 draw and Ian Mauchlen did miss a penalty for Cowden. Linlithgow I think won the Scottish Junior Cup that season and I remember Mark Bradley who was with the Rose then boasting that they had beaten a full strength Cowden side - wrong on 2 counts - it wasn't a full strength side and they didn't beat us. It was a typical senior/junior friendly as Rose saw it as a big game and Cowden as a pre-season kick about with lots of subs.

Although it states everywhere that we were founded in 1881, I believe it was actually 1882.

Cowdenbeath Rangers were formed in 1880, Raith Rovers in 1881 (not the Kirkcaldy version!) and both amalgamated to form Cowdenbeath FC in 1882.

We will need to really step up our performance now as Dumbarton are now way ahead of us after their game against Raith.

On the other hand the way things are going I can see the Rovers down there fighting it out with us Alloa and Livi.

Rovers can't buy a win. Same as last season but much earlier.

Have we now lost Marcus? That wouldn't be good for the games coming up .

And what is up with Chopper, or is this a secret?

Aye Rovers are going the same way as last season always felt that they would.

Marcus was due to play his last game today as this was the last day of his 93 day contract.

Archived