Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Central Park perfectly playable today. We would have gone for this midweek but Hearts players away somewhere today I think for big X'mas beano so didn't want the game so soon. 7 February then was mentioned but Hearts were already in talks with Livngston to move a League match to that date. Neither club want a fixture backlog and you don't know how the weather will be for next few months so makes sense to try and play as soon as possible. 23 December/7 February/any other winter date has = chance of poor weather.

Some fans then cant make the 23rd but others now can - always the same with a postponement - there are no idle Saturdays available, Hearts I guess want to keep their momentum going and try and get 12 points ahead of Rangers before the turn of the year. Cowden still have Oyenuga and Gallagher available if we play in this year plus the game being postponed puts a big hole in Cowden cashflow.

Refunds - Hearts fans contact/visit Tynecastle I guess/Cowden fans we're using an Indian call centre - listen carefully for the options.

I'd rather just take it to the Dumbarton game and sort it then but will I be able to do this?

Probably but best pre-arrange this with office (e-mail or phone) just in case Dumbarton game is off - I'd though best keep out of it as too many cooks just tends to create confusion as to who has arranged what!

Will phone up but would rather just use them for admission to the Dumbarton game if possible.

Anyway, amid the pitch updates I forgot to update yesterday. I still feel brural so a couple of players to cheer me up.

December the 13th:

Dene Shields

post-58608-0-34988500-1418579880.jpg

Dene was one of my favourite players growing up. A fantastic player on his day and one worth the admission alone. Signed from Brechin after a loan spell (for a fee I'm sure!) and was sold to Gretna afterwards. Went on to play in Malta but never got over a really bad injury. He's a man mountain now!

I'd rather just take it to the Dumbarton game and sort it then but will I be able to do this?

If Jims goin to game I'll take it n he can pass you the cash. I couldnae make yesterday. I need another. Tickets still available or will there be a cash gate?

Archived