Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

The goose is getting fat. The pinnacle is approaching. It's the turn of the best player on the list, I doubt we will ever see the like again.

December the 21st:

Markus P

Markus has got to be up there with the best players ever to have worn a Cowden jersey. Some great songs associated with his time at Central Park. "There's only 3 Paatelainens"!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 home games in the holidays. Anything of hearts is a complete bonus. However the other 2 games home to the 2 teams immediately above us offers a brilliant opportunity. Win those 2 and 20 points mark could see us above them in 6th.

1 game at a time Al.

yes indeed - maybe we can try and avoid all those 'we need to get at least x points from these y games' and 'this is a sixpointer' or a 'must win game' clichés for a change!

I only stated it was a great opportunity which is obvious.

Supporting cowden means we know it won't work out like that but we can dream.

Markus has got to be up there with the best players ever to have worn a Cowden jersey. Some great songs associated with his time at Central Park. "There's only 3 Paatelainens"!

Have to agree, in my case THE best player I have ever seen live. How we could do with him now.

Still came to Cowden games after he went to Inverness.

Onto hero territory now! (And an appearance of a local celebrity).

December 22nd:

Davie 'Duff' Hay

Nice photo of Vince there :lol: Another good servant to the club over the years was Davie still playing with Bonnyrigg Rose I believe.

Edited to add

Is that Nelly photo bombing in the back ground.

It's a very fresh faced Nelly. Time had taken its toll on him ;)

few years back nelly was referreeing an ammy game. I went on the forum and someone was praising the new ref they had who was in his mid 30s. Nelly was mid 20s at the time didn't take it too well.

Archived