Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

Today's courier states that Jimmy has been given the green light to strengthen the squad. Let's hope it isn't going to be too little too late.

We are in eighth at the moment so it is not too late. Hopefully the signings will make a difference.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct It is not too late at all,I would understandyour concerns if we were trailing by 8 points at the foot of the table but we are not!

We must make signings though to replace those loan players and Colin Marshall otherwise we could be trailing by 8 points in 10th come the end of the season especially if Livingston get to sign players again.

We must make signings though to replace those loan players and Colin Marshall otherwise we could be trailing by 8 points in 10th come the end of the season especially if Livingston get to sign players again.

Unless Livi pay their tax bill their transfer embargo will stay in place. Your right though we will need to replace the departing players.

Let's stay positive and take comfort we are eighth.

Also we should be delighted that the Board have supported Jimmys request for more players in the January window.

Do you really think our Chairman will sit and watch the club get relegated?Think again then because it ain't going to happen as we will stay up again with the Chairman,the manager and the board pulling out all the stops necessary to stay up once again.

I wish I had read the following programme quote before the game as I can also be guilty of passionate outbursts but the following quote we should take note and take into 2015.

"There is absolutely no time for negative thoughts and attitudes at Central Park that gets us precisely nowhere.We must all pull together on and off the field and do all in our power to deliver results and success.

There is absolutely no time for negative thoughts and attitudes at Central Park that gets us precisely nowhere.We must all pull together on and off the field and do all in our power to deliver results and success.

At the same time we can't just sit there and applaud dross. I am 100% behind the club but if something needs feedback, both good and bad, then that needs to occur. If the negativity starts on the pitch then it radiates to the support.

Yes it isn't about being happy clappy but it's about being clear headed and focused on a goal even when we have setbacks. A bit of resilience is required. A glass half empty approach gets us nowhere. You'd think Saturday was the end of the world - well it was annoying, disappointing, etc. We lost to Dumbarton but the week before we beat Queen of the South. We are in 8th place. The Hemmings/Stewart team lost 4-2 and 5-1 to that Dumbarton side within the last 12 months. Instead we need to focus on strengthening the side, building confidence, getting injured players back and everyone needs to do what they can to help in a positive fashion.

At the same time we can't just sit there and applaud dross. I am 100% behind the club but if something needs feedback, both good and bad, then that needs to occur. If the negativity starts on the pitch then it radiates to the support.

Agree to some extent but we as fans need to respond and support the team in a more positive manner at times,I am even guilty at games of having a Jim Jeffries,Dick Campbell style of outbursts to the players only because I am passionate about the club achieving their ultimate long term goals.

The players did not deserve to be applauded at full time but instead they deserved encouragement to kick on and to keep their heads up and look to take their frustrations out on Raith Rovers next week by beating them.

If Jimmy feels there are passengers in the team I am sure he will deal with them in the most appropriate manner that he sees fit.

What are the rules for loan players is it only so many for the whole season?

I'm more concerned about the Nicholl and Makel situation. Watch them during a game, they don't speak - they stand at the opposite side of the dugout. There's no way they are conversing to improve the team.

1. The Brownlie thing could be an internal personal situation.Maybe he is not doing well in training etc.

2. The Lee Makel situation I have not observed but will look out for this on Saturday.Are you not just basing this on one game or looking into this too much

Archived