Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

The penultimate Cowden player of our advent extravaganza. It's Mr IKEA!

December the 23rd:

Innes Ritchie

Quality player and captain for Cowden. Will go down in history as the captain of the team that won our first championship for 67 years!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 months on from our momentous trouncing of the townies, what has happened to all the talk last season of the huge importance/significance of keeping the club up to allow other opportunities to be realised. The only benefit i can see/ have heard of is the bigger home crowds due to opponents. Im pretty sure most of that money has been spent or will be spent on the playing budget.

the silence on this issue is a little ignorant after the speech at the meeting nearly a year ago asking the fans to raise 10k.

Does anyone know the contractual situation with Sutherland, Jurrassic and Kane? Are they all out of contract next month? If so, when do they expire? Similar with Kudus and Gall's loans? While I would only keep the loan signings we will soon not have any players left.

We need to replace all the departing loan signings and add a couple - if funds are available but I would be worried if he has blown the whole season's budget on mainly dross.

We don't have youth players good enough to step up. Our 19s team hasn't been great for a couple of years and I have serious doubts about the youth players involved with the squad. Big couple of weeks coming up for the club!

Does anyone know the contractual situation with Sutherland, Jurrassic and Kane? Are they all out of contract next month? If so, when do they expire? Similar with Kudus and Gall's loans? While I would only keep the loan signings we will soon not have any players left.

We need to replace all the departing loan signings and add a couple - if funds are available but I would be worried if he has blown the whole season's budget on mainly dross.

We don't have youth players good enough to step up. Our 19s team hasn't been great for a couple of years and I have serious doubts about the youth players involved with the squad. Big couple of weeks coming up for the club!

All the details are in Saturday's programme if you want to buy a copy :P

However since its Christmas i'll give you an update.

Gallagher - returns to Rangers 1st January, Oyenuga returns to Dundee Utd 3rd January, Jurisic contracted until 3rd January, Kane contracted until the end of the season.

I don't have any change so I'll borrow some off my old man ;) thanks though. What about Sutherland?

Would like to keep the loans but not sure if possible. Gall will go I imagine, especially with the change at Ibrox.

Thought I had put Sutherland in he's under contract until 3rd January.

With Gordon Durie now promoted to assistant manager or what ever at Rangers I would imagine they must be planning to give some of their young boys more of a chance as he was in charge of the under 20s so you have to fear that Calum will be recalled.

Must have a chance of keeping Kudas as United allowed him to get cup tied which they wouldn't have done if he was going to be involved in their first team for the second half of the season so they may let him stay with us.

Marcus Fraser got released by Celtic last week and I believe he is training with an English League 1 side. Heard a strange rumour from a Jambo I know tonight who told me Hearts were getting Kane Hemmings on loan from Barnsley in January.

Don't think that's a strange rumour at all.

hearts have stated they will strengthen and could do with another striker especially with Sow injured. Barnsley have probably sussed that it was too big a step for Hemmings and are willing to loan him.

Don't think that's a strange rumour at all.

hearts have stated they will strengthen and could do with another striker especially with Sow injured. Barnsley have probably sussed that it was too big a step for Hemmings and are willing to loan him.

Maybe your right Al, Robbie has stated over the last few weeks in the media that he was looking for another forward.

Kane was unlucky that he was injured at the start of the season and it took him a while to get into the Barnsley squad I thought he could do not too bad in English League 1 but maybe not.

Maybe your right Al, Robbie has stated over the last few weeks in the media that he was looking for another forward.

Kane was unlucky that he was injured at the start of the season and it took him a while to get into the Barnsley squad I thought he could do not too bad in English League 1 but maybe not.

going by the calibre of player hearts have now to compliment their youngsters, gomis bauben sow wilson etc, would think hemmings is definitely within their reach.

Well it's the final day of the advent and there can be only one! It will surprise no one at all. There will be a Christmas day present in store if I can remember! Enjoy folks.

December the 24th:

Craig Winter

totally deserves the main spot. Great calendar mate

All the details are in Saturday's programme if you want to buy a copy :P

However since its Christmas i'll give you an update.

Gallagher - returns to Rangers 1st January, Oyenuga returns to Dundee Utd 3rd January, Jurisic contracted until 3rd January, Kane contracted until the end of the season.

. Totally disagree with the above comment after following the youth for a number of years they have some good young boys coming through who would not look out of place in the 1st team followed the development team this year and I have got to say that some of the youth are looking better than some of the first team squad that play in the development league don't get me wrong it shows sometimes with the upper body and height wise but remember some of these boys are 16/ 17 and still to develop .

going by the calibre of player hearts have now to compliment their youngsters, gomis bauben sow wilson etc, would think hemmings is definitely within their reach.

I was more surprised that Barnsley would possibly be letting him go so quickly Al I know he would be well in their reach.

Archived