Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

I didn't win that I don't think no. I always felt he was over rated and the move to St Mirren was surreal - Lennon made a total c**t of that. Paul had some talent but that's not simply enough, you need to have your head screwed on and want it. Would be shocked if he ever made it back in the league.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange to have Dean playing left back, you'd think he would come right into the side with The Israeli Haslam on the left side. Brownlie to keep his place alongside Nat as well.

I still think we are geared to be playing 352. You could see on Saturday we have f**k all midfield width! Robertson is not a wide player and Haslam is not a midfielder.

I think Dean started at left back more to do with Kenny not being ready for 90 minutes yet.Switched to right back for 15 minutes at the start of the second half before coming off.Looked fit and ready to go.I,ve long since given up trying to work out why Jimmy plays Robertson out wide and his refusal to play the system he implemented which kept us up.

What McQuade like these days,was he not League 1 player of the year 3/4 years ago and playing for St Mirren in the SPL after that.

He looked heavy and done unfortunately.Was a good player for us paired with Wardlaw and would have easily remained in the senior game but a poor attitude.

It was 2nd Division (now League 1) player of the year he was nominated for along with Darren McGregor in 2010 and both deserved the nomination - neither won though. I don't know anything about Paul's attitude after he played for Cowden but it was certainly fine during his time at Central Park.

I'm glad Sutherland got bumped, total wage thief and surely won't get another gig in Scottish football.

It does leave us looking extremely vulnerable up top going into the Livi game if we don't get these players in in time as JN alluded to. CJ just doesn't do it for me - and the fact Sutherland was brought on before him implies JN feels the same.

Line up for Livi with the current squad has to be:

Thomson

TOB

Brownlie

Nat

Brett (he's tough he can go right in)

Robertson

Marshall

Hughes

Halsman (if he can play LM he can play LWB)

Milne (assuming we won't see Kudus again)

Higgins

Milne deserves dropped but there's f**k all options. Scullion up front? The midfield and defence looks fine there but the strike force is awful. If we get 2 new strikers in they both go into the line up for me.

Thomson

TOB

Brownlie

Nat

Robertson

Marshall

Hughes

Higgins

Milne deserves dropped but there's f**k all options. Scullion up front? The midfield and defence looks fine there but the strike force is awful. If we get 2 new strikers in they both go into the line up for me.

It would be harsh to drop Miller as he's been our most consistent player this season.

Thomson

TOB

Brownlie

Nat

Robertson

Marshall

Hughes

Higgins

Why won't we see Kudos again? Have I missed something?

I'm glad Sutherland got bumped, total wage thief and surely won't get another gig in Scottish football.

It does leave us looking extremely vulnerable up top going into the Livi game if we don't get these players in in time as JN alluded to. CJ just doesn't do it for me - and the fact Sutherland was brought on before him implies JN feels the same.[/quote

CJ runs about a lot, that's about it. He's had enough chances.

Campbell has to go too, surely he won't get another game.

It would be harsh to drop Miller as he's been our most consistent player this season.

Just far too weak defensively for me, never seems to come out of a 50/50 on top. We are soft as shit at the moment and Brett would change that.

It does leave us looking extremely vulnerable up top going into the Livi game if we don't get these players in in time as JN alluded to. CJ just doesn't do it for me - and the fact Sutherland was brought on before him implies JN feels the same.

CJ is a young lad with potential - he is not the finished article yet so needs a bit of time. We give young lads time and don't make snap judgements - that is how youth development works. I think we have a reasonable track record on that score. 'Bin him' is not what I would expect to hear from fans re an injured player - we treat players more decently than that - albeit as should be readily apparent there is no means to bin anyone under contract. We paid Danny Mackay and Dene Droudge for extended periods after they suffered bad injuries (beyond their agreed contract dates) and have done the same for Dale Finnie who has been badly affected by injuries.

What have we been doing for the last couple of weeks?

We agreed a short term leave of absence in the circumstances like many enlightened employers would do. It seems a sensible option rather than your approach based on just giving someone money for months on end in case he decides to come back some time.

Players regularly get released when injured - and paid out on the remaining sum of their contract obviously. He must have a full time job out of football so its not like youre sending him out on the street to die!

Speaking of which, our youth development seems to be quiet of late.

Archived