Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

You don't really need to. You get a wee bit of publicity, you more or less make the same money you would make otherwise and it should boost the crowd and give a wee bit of atmosphere that wouldn't be there. Dumbarton, Alloa and Livi the three teams in question.

That's a big assumption though that you more or less get the same money. Other clubs can benefit from extra catering sales but we wouldn't. I'm not dead set against it but not convinced. Is there a minimum or can you pay any amount or zero? You obviously can't reconcile gate money against admissions very easily at all. How do all the season ticket holders feel about it?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Realisticslly, how many paying home fans would we get for a game v Dumbarton. There was 550 odd at the last last 300 (at least) of them would be season ticket holders and there would have been 100 or so away fans. We aren't talking about a lot of money either way. I know if I went I would pay the same as the normal gate price.

There things won't lose a club like us a fortune and they will increase the interest in the game slightly. You may get 50 young lads turn up paying £2 each and adding a wee bit of atmosphere. If 5 of them come back to a game its job done for me.

I don't think season ticket holders would have a problem with this as long as it was a one off occasion - surely they can see the club is trying to engage.

It isn't that easy to say to Directors let's maybe lose a little bit of money by one of these schemes which might or might not produce some long term small gain whilst many of them have put in 4 or 5 figure sums of their own money (plus thousands of hours of unpaid work) with little prospect of getting it back to a club which is not owned by them or by the fans but owned by a third party that extracts a rent from the club.

I dont think it would generate any extra income for the club. Thats my view. Trial it at a pre-season friendly against a st johnstone or something... or in a challenge cup tie...

You couldn't do it in a cup tie unless the opposition agreed to it, same with PSF games as most times opponents ask for a share of the gate.

As CC alludes its a hard one to work out if you can get the same income or not. I theory its a good idea and as mentioned the likes of the Rovers would get some of their money back via catering etc where as we don't have the same luxury.

You couldn't do it in a cup tie unless the opposition agreed to it, same with PSF games as most times opponents ask for a share of the gate.

As CC alludes its a hard one to work out if you can get the same income or not. I theory its a good idea and as mentioned the likes of the Rovers would get some of their money back via catering etc where as we don't have the same luxury.

Cowden seem to have been shafted in every way possible. We can't even make any money from the catering.

It isn't that easy to say to Directors let's maybe lose a little bit of money by one of these schemes which might or might not produce some long term small gain whilst many of them have put in 4 or 5 figure sums of their own money (plus thousands of hours of unpaid work) with little prospect of getting it back to a club which is not owned by them or by the fans but owned by a third party that extracts a rent from the club.

Hi I recently submitted an idea regarding generating extra income against the lower end league teams to the club's email address.

Please let me know if you can whether the idea I proposed would be worthwhile etc?

What was it mate? Well done on submitting an idea though, good to hear.

Rather than a pay at the gate a new appeal to regular fans to bring a friend to a game.With the target match being against the likes of Alloa or Livingston.

You could call it Bring a friend day.And you could even organise some sort of prize draw of the fan who has brought a friend or both.

Even if we could drum up 100 fans commiting to do this once a season it's always an extra piece of income and if some of the friends return then that's a bonus. Maybe a pledge that every 100 Club member could commit to every season?

The 100 club actually haven't had a wee get together this season. You could have one from 130 and allow every member to bring in a pal (who pays at the hate obv) for free drinks and nibbles. The 100 would foot the bill for a few crates of Tennents and the club would get say 50 extra paying adults through the turnstile. A kinda back handed gift to the club.

To be a fair a football card at £5 a square would cover all the costs of the bevy and food anyway!

The 100 club actually haven't had a wee get together this season. You could have one from 130 and allow every member to bring in a pal (who pays at the hate obv) for free drinks and nibbles. The 100 would foot the bill for a few crates of Tennents and the club would get say 50 extra paying adults through the turnstile. A kinda back handed gift to the club.

To be a fair a football card at £5 a square would cover all the costs of the bevy and food anyway!

Was attempted last season when we presented a cheque to Donald but not on such a grand scale.Would be worthwhile approaching John and we could get something organised via the club etc.

Hi I recently submitted an idea regarding generating extra income against the lower end league teams to the club's email address.

Please let me know if you can whether the idea I proposed would be worthwhile etc?

Sorry wasn't aware of this - might not have been routed to me or might have been put into Board Meeting aob and meeting was cancelled due to Hearts game reschedule. I will see what is happening once Chairman and CEO get back from their holidays.

Sorry wasn't aware of this - might not have been routed to me or might have been put into Board Meeting aob and meeting was cancelled due to Hearts game reschedule. I will see what is happening once Chairman and CEO get back from their holidays.

No problem Cc.I was just ensuring it does not get overlooked.

While its all very good clubs trying radical initiatives to attract more fans, it's hard to believe in cowdens instance it would do anything except generate less income at the gate. Are many more folk going to turn up? Nope. Maybe a few young team who pay 2 or 3 quid. That would be offset by the paying adults paying a fiver or tenner (probably mainly away fans).

Sadly the facilities are the biggest obstacle to gain some more local support.

Archived