Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

Surely we should be comfortable this season due to our higher gates ? Why are Directors having to give donations when we have Rangers, Hearts and Hibs in the same league as us ?

From what was said at the AGM we pushed the boat out to stay up last season. Also this season the rent on the ground has went up, higher wages, higher stewarding, higher police etc.

There was only something like 500 odd folk in the home section yesterday hard trying to sustain Championship football on a low fan base like that I would imagine.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Home support was abysmal yesterday.

home to hibs and stands half empty and atmosphere flat. Cowden fans have got well above their station. we are 1 of the smallest supported clubs in scotland.

fans have let the board down and its all going to go pete tong if we are not careful.

Nicholl is only under contract until the end of the season. No way would it cost £20k to pay up his contract.

i disagree.

60k a year. Pay off for mar, apr, may and june is 1 third of a year, funnily enough the same as 1 third of 60k.

Sorry Al but that's wrong and you've contradicted yourself.

We have a tiny core support - 300 in reality. They will continue to go. we got some extra fans due to beating the Pars and being in a league with big teams, these people won't be back. Why would they? The players and management take the blame and have let the board down. Their pathetic performances have driven away fans.

This season we were always going to have inflated home attendances and we had a chance to convert some of these people into regulars. We will have failed. When we go down it will be back to the usual 300 fans. To say these guys have let the board down is ridiculous. When asked they raised £10k in weeks last seaaon.

Sorry Al but that's wrong and you've contradicted yourself.

We have a tiny core support - 300 in reality. They will continue to go. we got some extra fans due to beating the Pars and being in a league with big teams, these people won't be back. Why would they? The players and management take the blame and have let the board down. Their pathetic performances have driven away fans.

This season we were always going to have inflated home attendances and we had a chance to convert some of these people into regulars. We will have failed. When we go down it will be back to the usual 300 fans. To say these guys have let the board down is ridiculous. When asked they raised £10k in weeks last seaaon.

i knew fans was the wrong word. Trust you to pick up on it! Haha

i meant all fans/local public and not the diehards although many diehards weren't there yesterday.

as i said, be careful what you wish for. It could all very easily go t1ts up.

I kinda thought that and I agree with you there. Just thought Id pick you up on it ;)

We haven't scored in 4. We haven't scored at home since December. We haven't scored in 11/14 games. It's not easy.

Someone get thrown out for swearing?

Quite depressing stuff on here regarding what was in the programme.

Even more important that we stay up this season.

MPs and the local authority should be helping our club when we are being held to a randsom by the stock cars.

Time for the fans to pull together and take action!

On the pitch I really don't know where our next goal is going to come from.

MSP for Cowdenbeath is a season ticket holder but I've only seen him at 1 game.

Would be worth speaking to him?

I think anyone that could help our club would be valuable especially an msp or Mp.But I am sure the board have already engaged with such people about our unfortunate unique situation.

Looking at Penicuik's squad for their junior cup semi against Musselburgh yesterday there was a bit of a Cowden connection: Bejaoui, Davie White, Greg Ross, Ryan McCallum and Steven Weir all lined up in their squad. Few blasts from the past there.

Looking at Penicuik's squad for their junior cup semi against Musselburgh yesterday there was a bit of a Cowden connection: Bejaoui, Davie White, Greg Ross, Ryan McCallum and Steven Weir all lined up in their squad. Few blasts from the past there.

I remember when Steven Weir was on loan to us I said he would be in the juniors a few years later as he was shite proved right on that one as he never lasted much longer in the seniors.

It was the quarter final Muzz :P

He was utterly dreadful at us, shit player and a shite attitude. Will he playing amateur soon for sure - capped at Scotland youth level though! Came to us at the same time as Murray Davidson.

Ha f**k knows why I typed semi. Must have gotten excited at Musselburgh making it through to the semi!

Murray Christie was at Musselburgh as was Calvin Shand but I'm sure both are away now. They are managed by Mixu's assistant Stevie McGleish and have Stevie MacDonald who played once for us!

He was utterly dreadful at us, shit player and a shite attitude. Will he playing amateur soon for sure - capped at Scotland youth level though! Came to us at the same time as Murray Davidson.

Ha f**k knows why I typed semi. Must have gotten excited at Musselburgh making it through to the semi!

Murray Christie was at Musselburgh as was Calvin Shand but I'm sure both are away now. They are managed by Mixu's assistant Stevie McGleish and have Stevie MacDonald who played once for us!

Aye he was a Scotland under 19 or 17 cap when he came to us from Livi along with Murray.

Calvin played for Mussy for a good few years I'm sure. They have always had a lot of ex Cowden players playing for them over the years, forgot about Stevie being manager there decent guy.

Archived