Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

I can't think of many others at all to be played on a Sunday.

So we've got:-

Cowdenbeath (Fairbairn) 1 - 2 Airdrie (Di Giacomo x2) - Challenge Cup

Cowdenbeath (Toorie) 1 - 0 Elgin City - Division 3

Cowdenbeath 0 - 1 Partick Thistle (Doolan?) - Challenge Cup

Brechin City 0 - 3 Cowdenbeath (Mbu, Wardlaw x2) - Promotion Play Off Final

Dunfermline Athletic 0 - 3 Cowdenbeath (Hemmings, O'Brien, Stewart) - Promotion Play Off Final

East Stirlingshire (Kelly) 1-2 Cowdenbeath (McKenzie, Adamson) - Challenge Cup QF

Stranraer (Moore) 1 - 6 Cowdenbeath (Clarke x 5, Scullion) - Division 2

Did Dumbarton no pump us on a Sunday in the late 90's, come to think of it could have been a Monday.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stuart Kettlewell was the Queens boy - now playing for Brora. He's done that a couple of times in his career! Poisonous night that.

Aye that's him. Must have been some sort of record for me missing 3 league games on the bounce :lol: I remember we played at Ayr the following Saturday which I made, think we drew that day.

The heat was really on Welshy at that time but we ended up staying up.

aye just checked statto, the beat us 6-1 and then we beat them 2-1 the following Saturday.

I remember that , game got put off loads of times with Boghead really living up to its name. Remember going through one midweek with Willie N and Jimmy S in the pissing rain only to find out the match was off when we arrived due to a big massive puddle on the pitch.

Must be the only time I've seen Cowden on a Monday afternoon!

Aye that's him. Must have been some sort of record for me missing 3 league games on the bounce :lol: I remember we played at Ayr the following Saturday which I made, think we drew that day.

The heat was really on Welshy at that time but we ended up staying up.

1-1? Seem to remember Stevenson scoring for them. We played really well against them that season.

Back in the relegation play-off position.

We must look to take advantage of the two games in hand over Alloa and look to take 4 points from these games as a minimum.

It really is down to true grit and determination from everyone associated with the club.

Every game now is a cup final until the end of the season so let's do this!

Although I have real concerns regarding our attacking options and can't see us scoring two goals at Ibrox compared to Alloa or anywhere for that matter.

????????????????????????

There would have been lot's of ???? if I had said following the ten nil drubbing that we will draw nil nil against Rangers the following week.

Footballs a funny old game.Who would have predicted Dunfermline sitting 7th in League One last season.

Back in the relegation play-off position.

We must look to take advantage of the two games in hand over Alloa and look to take 4 points from these games as a minimum.

It really is down to true grit and determination from everyone associated with the club.

Every game now is a cup final until the end of the season so let's do this!

Although I have real concerns regarding our attacking options and can't see us scoring two goals at Ibrox compared to Alloa or anywhere for that matter.

I admire your optimism mate but when have we looked like scoring a goal since the result out of nowhere against Dumbarton? We hadn't looked like scoring prior to that either.

There would have been lot's of ???? if I had said following the ten nil drubbing that we will draw nil nil against Rangers the following week.

Footballs a funny old game.Who would have predicted Dunfermline sitting 7th in League One last season.

I thought they would be not far off it, as they could not lower themselves to another season against (as they saw it, dross) just to risk missing out again in the play-offs. It was more of a win or bust play-off last season than they really knew.

I admire your optimism mate but when have we looked like scoring a goal since the result out of nowhere against Dumbarton? We hadn't looked like scoring prior to that either.

I know mate that's where I have my concerns as to put it bluntly Nish does not look good.However in Nishs defence he would probably link up well with the right players up front

I still believe, as always, that we can improve and pick up points. However, realistically we are up the creek without a paddle.

I think Alloa will pick up more points than us, as will Livi.

It's a real shame that we are going to have to rely on other games going our way starting on Saturday hopefully with Dumbarton beating Livingston and Rovers beating Alloa.

A must win against Queens on Saturday in my opinion

Over to the players and Jimmy,no pressure!!!!!

Archived