Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Livingston? The team that has a signing ban in place?

Also, Lewis is only half way through a two year deal so we'll be due a fee.

Maybe we're trying to get him off the wage bill so don't care about a fee.

Can't afford to have any passengers this season and he hasn't done anything last season to warrant a first team place. The pars are welcome to him if thats where he ends up.

Chopper will sign a new deal same goes for Liam Callaghan. This will be confirmed Monday.

Also Lewis Milne will be leaving right now looks as though it's Dunfermline. However living stone also in advanced talks with him.

A team who are not allowed to sign anyone are in advance talks with Lewis Milne. That sounds feasible.

A team who are not allowed to sign anyone are in advance talks with Lewis Milne. That sounds feasible.

If you knew the wage budget for this season per player and seen what Milne was on then you would know exactly why he would be allowed to leave for free.

Sorry to burst anyones bubble here but the club have budgeted as if we were to get finish last and get relagated from this devision. For anyone that knows football properly then they would know that this is MAX £120 per player. If someone is earning £350 then there isn't much you can do your hands are tied. As for the Spence signing he was the priority target for this season a goal scorer so we have sacrificed two new strikers for one experianced one here. Don't exopect anymore signings from the championship or top players in league one as we cannot afford this. Loans is all we have otherwise the club leaves itself in danger of administration by budgeting for going up and not doing so.

If you knew the wage budget for this season per player and seen what Milne was on then you would know exactly why he would be allowed to leave for free.

Anyone who wants to know the rough wage guideline can find out as it's been spoken about at the fans meeting. Yes it's low.

Can't see why a contracted young player would be allowed to leave for free though?

Sorry to burst anyones bubble here but the club have budgeted as if we were to get finish last and get relagated from this devision. For anyone that knows football properly then they would know that this is MAX £120 per player. If someone is earning £350 then there isn't much you can do your hands are tied. As for the Spence signing he was the priority target for this season a goal scorer so we have sacrificed two new strikers for one experianced one here. Don't exopect anymore signings from the championship or top players in league one as we cannot afford this. Loans is all we have otherwise the club leaves itself in danger of administration by budgeting for going up and not doing so.

So what makes you think chopper will sign for 120?

I thought the Livi signing ban ended a month before the season finished when they cleared some debts.

It is ending within the next week or two, hence the reason they are talking to players. Although some people onhere have the blinkers on and think they won't be allowed to sign any players at all.

Got to give it to you turtle you called the spence signing so al believe you until your wrong mate.. Excellent new if chopper is staying. No so good news about Milne tho tbh thot he maybe could have even did a robbo an won player of the year in league one tbh but if he is on a wage as stated thn can see why the club would let him go surely thy will want a fee for him tho... ??

Anyone who wants to know the rough wage guideline can find out as it's been spoken about at the fans meeting. Yes it's low.

If it's been discussed at a fans' meeting, why not post it here?

I don't mean to have a dig at you, fans of all clubs do it on this forum, but it bugs me when people play at keeping secrets and being "ITK" at the best of times.

Got to give it to you turtle you called the spence signing so al believe you until your wrong mate.. Excellent new if chopper is staying. No so good news about Milne tho tbh thot he maybe could have even did a robbo an won player of the year in league one tbh but if he is on a wage as stated thn can see why the club would let him go surely thy will want a fee for him tho... ??

The club informed players that because they are budgeting as if they are going to finish last then obviously money is not going to be great. Therefor anyone wanting to leave will be free to do so. As far as milne goes he still has a year left on his current contract and as I said both dunfermline and livingstone have approached the club about taking the player off their wage bill. However as far as I am aware with the appointment of Nish and the prospect loan signings coming in then he is content on staying and securing promotion. It was looking very bleak when we were first relagated however I can confirm that things are looking up since the new manager has been appointed.

If it's been discussed at a fans' meeting, why not post it here?

I don't mean to have a dig at you, fans of all clubs do it on this forum, but it bugs me when people play at keeping secrets and being "ITK" at the best of times.

The meetings stressed they didn't want all the details on pie and bovril. It's none of your business as the supporter of another team. As we are a fan run club, there are ways any genuine fans can find out, such as attending the meetings. If they are unable to attend the meetings then some supporters and the board have an email address to be kept in the loop and a forum they can sign up to.

No secrets, just none of your business.

Turtle has rapidly changed his position on Lewis - within an hour he has completely turned turtle!

Cowden always budget for bottom spot prize money - many teams do that

Why would the club let a player other clubs wanted and who had a year left on his deal go for absolutely nothing when such clubs would obviously be competing to sign him?

Were these clubs given permission by CFC to speak to their signed player - note this lies outwith the precontract negotiation rules?

A basic wage for a player can be increased if a sponsor is willing to lodge funds to enhance the budget or additional funds are generated by some other means - pretty commonplace and often comes out of directors or other fans' pockets

The club informed players that because they are budgeting as if they are going to finish last then obviously money is not going to be great. Therefor anyone wanting to leave will be free to do so. As far as milne goes he still has a year left on his current contract and as I said both dunfermline and livingstone have approached the club about taking the player off their wage bill. However as far as I am aware with the appointment of Nish and the prospect loan signings coming in then he is content on staying and securing promotion. It was looking very bleak when we were first relagated however I can confirm that things are looking up since the new manager has been appointed.

Noo that's more like it

Archived