Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

In theory we should be able to attract better players this season by offering better terms because of the increased revenue generated by the big 3. The problem is so can all the other clubs in the championship. Probably why we've missed out on Fowler & McKeown to name but 2! Quality loan players is probably our best bet.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully stop hearing about all the good players we are after and start signing a few! As said players will be snapped up in this league quickly and we will struggle to compete with even Alloa and Dumbo. That's just the way it is.

Doris was fantastic for Arbroath the year they ran us close. He's been out of shape recently but that can improve. He would be a cheap option as well. Id much sooner have him than many of the players we have been looking at. We need a player who will play on the shoulder of the last man, it's what we are crying out for. We don't need a big target man.

I'd much rather both of them myself but I just can't see Moore being sent out on loan. Got a bit of game time last season and Well lost the Estonian boy so he will be up in the pecking order. I still think Wighton will go to Alloa with the Smith connection but I hope I'm wrong.

if we get loans which im certain we will then they have to be for the season. Short term only good in emergency and loan til jan also no good as jan window is alot more difficult than summer for getting decent players.

Loans also tend to happen near the end of summer transfer window so not great for integrating pre season. May have to be patient for these signings but we need quality. I hope we get Erwin and Kane from St Johnstone but fancy its more likely Moore and Wighton.

Archived