Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Raith fans think he's woeful and considering how poor they were I'd be cautious. That aside he's not the type of striker we desperately need, we need a player to play on the last man's shoulder. Higgins will do most of his work outside the box it seems so we need someone to compliment him.

Might get a bit stick for this but I think Gordon Smith would do a job for cowden didn't get much game time at the rovers but did cause us problems in the home game v them

Thought he was decent when he played for Stirling, surprised he didn't do anything at the Rovers. He wouldn't be the first ex Rovers striker who was decent for Cowden . I'd give him a go.

Spence is a bit better than Smith I think, although is a lot more light-weight.

Neither have a first touch, and both aren't particularly adept finishers, but Spence's goalscoring record is fairly good. I'm sure it's about 1 in 3, not bad for a guy who is predominantly a sub, although he's a bit like James Keatings in that his figure is inflated by penalties.

They both complained about a lack of starts last season and how it hampered their form, and they may have a point, but in truth they were poor.

Smith is also hopeless in the air. I've never seen anyone mistime so many jumps, he just constantly misjudges the flight of the ball.

He's still reasonably young, and I think he would improve with a run of games, but he didn't convince me at all last season.

I'm hoping we keep Spence, although as an impact sub, but I was happy to see the back of Smith. Admittedly not everyone agrees with that view though.

Smith did quite well in this league with Stirling Albion a few years back, so he could potentially do a job for you boy's.

The game we beat them at Starks 2-1 towards the end of the season he was murder. His finishing is about the worst in the league! I'd much rather Spence over him.

That's right but several Rovers players were poor that day. He certainly didn't look the player he was at Stirling. Would be worth giving him a run out as a trialist in a friendly. Plenty folk said Pat Clarke was hopeless when we got him from the Rovers. He wasn't.

I thought that too Andy but I saw a picture of a couple of young lads wearing it on twitter and it just doesn't look great. Last seasons was pretty poor as well and I agree what you say about it having too much white.

A really smart top can sell well and create that added bit of income but that aside I'm not overly bothered how it looks. A nice away top and some nice casual wear would be ideal.

Those umbro polos still make me wet.

Heard the club took into over £3k on Sat from sales

300 ish

90 last season

Great effort and I'm sure there will be more sales to come. The early bird season ticket offer is on until the end of this month and it's excellent value, with the adult price being £210. The Pars game really was massive for us as a club. So glad we proved too classy for them on that big East End Park pitch :lol:

300 ish

90 last season

That's mental. Am I right in saying we didn't even break 200 the first year we came back up to the 1st division?

Need to hope most of these people will come back next season no matter what league we are in.

Archived