f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he would do well playing off the striker. However from my I've heard, a week ago he didn't know if he was being offers a new contract or not.

He has been offered a contract. We retained him and Crawford. Whether they sign or not though...

Ahh that's good. They could both be decent starting players for us if given time to find a bit of form (Crawford simply to reproduce his first season form) but tbh I think from their point of view I think they would be better off elsewhere!

We should offer someone like Peter McDonald a generous part-time deal, and coaching gig similar to Moffat had.

Forrest and Shankland should then both be given the chance to play off him over the course of the season.

From Shankland's perspective, I think it'd definitely be worth his while sticking around for another season, despite his lack of opportunities under Roberts thus far. Roberts probably won't be able to attract strikers of Moffat and Malcolm's calibre this summer and this is an ideal chance for Shankland to prove himself. If he still doesn't get a sniff this season then he probably never will.

Agree with some of the comments above about the formation. I actually think we've got the core players to play a Dundee United-esque 4-2-3-1. Donald, Forrest and Shankland are certainly capable of playing as a fluid, interchangeable, attacking trio, with Gilmour and McLaughlin/Crawford screening the back four. Obviously we'd need to strengthen the defence and have an actual striker, plus add some depth to the squad, but I think it could, in theory, work.

Unfortunately, I don't think Roberts has the tactical nous to implement a system like that. I fully expect us to end up with the usual rigid 4-4-2 and square pegs in round holes.

Not particularly impressed with McKinlay. He's always been a notorious diddy, i seem to remember him being god awful for Morton.

McKinlay wasn't awful, decidedly average for us, but that was in the First Division. He was released because he was injured so often rather than not being good enough. We then replaced him with Ross Forsyth. :death

He's awful had an amazing half a season then completely fell away after a trial at Wigan. Says it all he's now been released by Albion

Thought he was highly rated at one time, mind you David Sinclair was on trial at Birmingham !!

Guest honestrae95

I've been quite impressed with McKinlay whenever I've seen him, so quite happy with that.

I see David Proctor is looking for a Championship or League 1 club as he's returned from Edmonton. He might be the centre half we're looking for.

As far as I know Martin Campbell is being offered a new contract. The defence does look more solid with Campbell in it but due to his well documented injury problems that isn't often enough. So a big risk to keep him on. Now we're giving a contract to another injury prone player. Given that our squad is going to be rather small is this double risk wise? Remember what happened with McGowan. Spent a whole season injured and then never really recovered his old form during the next. Very sad for the player but very expensive for the club.

McKinlay wasn't awful, decidedly average for us, but that was in the First Division. He was released because he was injured so often rather than not being good enough. We then replaced him with Ross Forsyth. :death

Maybe he's been recruited to keep Bobo company in the treatment room.

As far as I know Martin Campbell is being offered a new contract. The defence does look more solid with Campbell in it but due to his well documented injury problems that isn't often enough. So a big risk to keep him on. Now we're giving a contract to another injury prone player. Given that our squad is going to be rather small is this double risk wise? Remember what happened with McGowan. Spent a whole season injured and then never really recovered his old form during the next. Very sad for the player but very expensive for the club.

Not so sure about that, he looked absolutely rotten away to Brechin a few months ago. Personally I think it's time we said thanks for your efforts Martyn but it's time to move on. He's been injured for so long in recent times that he can only have gone backwards, I'm sure someone on here worked out that he had played less than half of the games since he signed due to being injured.

Just by the by, has anyone clocked the barrier in the Somerset Road End that says 'FAILED. HOLES IN BOTTOM'? You can see why Somerset may drain the finances more than most grounds. It's a heap.

https://ww20.south-ayrshire.gov.uk/ext/committee/CommitteePapers2014/Regulatory%20Panel/1st%20May/Licensing/0105147.pdf

Gives you a flavour of the works that get done just to keep the Safety Certificate.

Not so sure about that, he looked absolutely rotten away to Brechin a few months ago. Personally I think it's time we said thanks for your efforts Martyn but it's time to move on. He's been injured for so long in recent times that he can only have gone backwards, I'm sure someone on here worked out that he had played less than half of the games since he signed due to being injured.

Agree we shouldn't be basing our defence around Bobo, we can't be changing the defensive line up every other week when he gets injured. A pay per play basis would be our best option and he still gets his testimonial. Roberts either signs a solid CH or commits to giving McArthur a run of games.

Kevin McKinlay can play at centre-back. Martyn Corrigan originally lined him up to play alongside Ross McMillan for the beginning of the 2013-14 season but after losing eight goals in out first two matches, the manager brought Ross Smith on loan (and what great fun that turned out to be).

Not sure what Roberts has lined up for Keggsy.

Kevin McKinlay can play at centre-back. Martyn Corrigan originally lined him up to play alongside Ross McMillan for the beginning of the 2013-14 season but after losing eight goals in out first two matches, the manager brought Ross Smith on loan (and what great fun that turned out to be).

Not sure what Roberts has lined up for Keggsy.

From what I've been able to ascertain, probably wide right. :)

Archived