f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's not true about what I said? I was commenting on one performance, not his overall contribution.

Damn right he didn't have a good game then, he couldn't get near the ball. The match-winning goals earlier in the season seemed like distant memories, even if they were just a few months before.

Needless to say he'll be outrageously good if he sharpens up just a little, or if everyone backs off him.

Your comment that he wasn't capable of anything other than being marked. He was in that shape throughout his whole spell with us but other than that game he done quite a lot for us.

You lot have already signed two players who have looked good on paper and have actually turned out to be good - I refuse to believe there will be three.

Therefore Craig Beattie will turn out to be shite (I hope).

You don't need to worry about it.

So the squad currently looks like this:

Goalkeepers:

David Hutton

Shaun Newman

Defenders:

Martyn Campbell

Nicky Devlin

Josh McArthur

Kevin McKinlay

Andrew Muir

Peter Murphy

Midfielders:

Mikey Donald

Alan Forrest

Brian Gilmour

Peter McGill

Jon-Paul McGovern

Scott McLaughlin

Forwards:

Craig Beattie

Ryan Donnelly

Sean McKenzie

Mark Roberts

Dale Shirkie

85cbfbcb8f496826ca8867bd28e0d3b9.png

So the squad currently looks like this:

Goalkeepers:

David Hutton

Shaun Newman

Defenders:

Martyn Campbell

Nicky Devlin

Josh McArthur

Kevin McKinlay

Andrew Muir

Peter Murphy

Midfielders:

Mikey Donald

Alan Forrest

Brian Gilmour

Peter McGill

Jon-Paul McGovern

Scott McLaughlin

Forwards:

Craig Beattie

Ryan Donnelly

Sean McKenzie

Mark Roberts

Dale Shirkie

85cbfbcb8f496826ca8867bd28e0d3b9.png

No depth at the back and I would say McArthur and Muir will hardly kick a ball this season no matter what injuries we get at the back.

Be interesting to see how we line up next game. Gilmour has been IMHO a lot better playing in behind the striker. And JP is a lot better in the middle of the park. Where does Beattie fit in? I don't think he'd drop Gilmour but it seems like the obvious option...

Unless of course Campbell is crocked and we don't sign another CB so McLaughlin would drop back, and Gilmour to midfield to accomodate Beattie.

We have a really strong and balanced 1st XI, we are only a couple of injuries away from disaster though...."luckily" were out of 2/3 cups....so they only have to play 30ish more games.

Whisper quietly....feel a wee bit confident we can push for something this year.

I quite fancied having Stewart Greacen as a centre back before he signed for Stenny, but after watching Saturday's highlights i am glad we missed out !

Still need a ball winner in the middle of the park & a centre back given that both Campbell & McKinley are injury prone.

I worry that we are paper-thin in the middle of the park and in defence. Injuries and suspensions will come in due course and we can't expect to sail through with what we have. Two more bodies would be great. Quality players even better, but solid squad players also acceptable. I really don't want to be hearing about how injuries or suspensions have cost us points in February and March when we can do something to prevent it now.

We certainly need someone that can cover centre half and full back as we have two defenders that are injury prone. Not sure why Roberts doesn't like McArthur but I'd imagine he would have been a better option at the back then moving McLaughlin back.

We certainly need someone that can cover centre half and full back as we have two defenders that are injury prone. Not sure why Roberts doesn't like McArthur but I'd imagine he would have been a better option at the back then moving McLaughlin back.

McArthur did OK against Clyde and Hurlford, but wasn't spectacular. If anything he was a little poor. Maybe Roberts made up his mind that he wasn't ready yet? Personally i would probably throw him in before moving McLaughlin back, just because we need McLaughlin in the middle of the park.

Guest honestrae95

McArthur did OK against Clyde and Hurlford, but wasn't spectacular. If anything he was a little poor. Maybe Roberts made up his mind that he wasn't ready yet? Personally i would probably throw him in before moving McLaughlin back, just because we need McLaughlin in the middle of the park.

I thought he was pretty terrible against Clyde if i'm honest.

Archived