f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be delighted if we land him, as others have said he'll tear this league a new one, McGill is decent with the prospect to become something but I reckon he needs a season like Forrest had last year being brought on as an impact player to help him progress.

Starting to get worried that Marko might actually have learned over his past two season, he's certainly making the right noises this year.

OK Ayr fans - prepare for disappointment!

On Saturday Roberts stated we had signed three players. On Monday Ayrshire Post Twitter suggested we had signed two. On Tuesday actual Ayrshire Post said we're close to signing two new faces. Supposedly players were in for signing talks last week. It's now Friday and we're interested in signing Nicky Riley but have signed nobody.

I don't want to sound too negative but we've seen this so many times before and ended up signing nobody after being told deals were already done. Why would Nicky Riley want to come to Ayr? If he did sign, along with Crawford and a decent centre-half, then I think we would have a genuine chance at a title challenge. It doesn't seem realistic though. If other clubs are aware of his availability now, then no doubt Raith Rovers or Livi or some other club like that will dive in. Maybe even the Pars. In fact definitely the Pars.

On Saturday Roberts stated we had signed three players. On Monday Ayrshire Post Twitter suggested we had signed two. On Tuesday actual Ayrshire Post said we're close to signing two new faces. Supposedly players were in for signing talks last week. It's now Friday and we're interested in signing Nicky Riley.

I don't want to sound too negative but we've seen this so many times before and ended up signing nobody after being told deals were already done. Why would Nicky Riley want to come to Ayr? If he did sign, along with Crawford and a decent centre-half, then I think we would have a genuine chance at a title challenge. It doesn't seem realistic though. If other clubs are aware of his availability now, then no doubt Raith Rovers or Livi or some other club like that will dive in. Maybe even the Pars. In fact definitely the Pars.

Beattie was 1 of the 3 so that leaves is with 2 more, the winger (Riley) and the centre half.

On Saturday Roberts stated we had signed three players. On Monday Ayrshire Post Twitter suggested we had signed two. On Tuesday actual Ayrshire Post said we're close to signing two new faces. Supposedly players were in for signing talks last week. It's now Friday and we're interested in signing Nicky Riley.

What we can offer him is game time and a shop window until January. He'll still be getting the same wage every month I'd imagine it would be part paid by both clubs rather than us taking on the full liability.

What we can offer him is game time and a shop window until January. He'll still be getting the same wage every month I'd imagine it would be part paid by both clubs rather than us taking on the full liability.

Aye, but anyone can offer that. I'm not saying he isn't going to go out on loan, but he must be in-demand surely? Certainly now it's been made public and Ayr haven't got him tied down.

Cliche Guevara, on 05 Sept 2014 - 11:14, said:

He's played around 30 games in each of the last four seasons, though, so he doesn't seem to be injury prone.

Oh but he is. Extremely injury prone. A fit Nicky Riley would be an asset to Dundee in the Prem. As it is though, it's time to just cut our ties with him unfortunately.

Oh but he is. Extremely injury prone. A fit Nicky Riley would be an asset to Dundee in the Prem. As it is though, it's time to just cut our ties with him unfortunately.

How come he's played so many games though? I did think he had suffered from injury problems but saw he had played a lot.

How come he's played so many games though? I did think he had suffered from injury problems but saw he had played a lot.

Everytime i hear about him he is injured, he must be playing through them

If he's played as many as 30 games in the past few seasons I'm absolutely astonished. It seems to me that he's been pretty much injured most of that time. Maybe if you factor in Challenge cup games etc and I still reckon most of these appearances will be off the bench. It was known from the start of the season that he was surplus to requirements and the only reason he's not had any takers is because of his injury history. Hopefully he gets a loan move to you,that he manages to keep fit and that he gets game time . He'll be an absolute asset IF he can keep out of the treatment room

Archived