f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

Robbie Crawford in the middle of the park with Scotty McLaughlin at the back wouldn't surprise me for Saturday!

I very doubt it considering he never even got off the bench at the u20s

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon he's looking at keeping Donald at left back and having Forrest and Slane as the two main wide men, with McGill as back up for either wing.

I'm not 100% certain about this but, from memory, I think Slane is pretty much exclusively a right winger. I also think that Forrest looks a lot more comfortable on the right and his drifting inside opens up a lot of space for Nicky Devlin which may be restricted by having a more 'traditional' winger in front of him.

Also, I don't think Michael Donald will ever look comfortable at full back. He does an admirable job there but he's definitely not a long-term solution.

So it seems the move for Nicky Riley has 'hit the buffers' and the mysterious centre-half is indeed the retired Kevin Rutkiewicz.

Just when I was starting to warm to Roberts again he behaves in a rather irritating manner. Clearly we hadn't signed three players, as he suggested after the Stenny game, so why get people's hopes up unnecessarily? As for Rutkiewicz, he's been sent for a scan on a heel injury by our physio. Seriously, if the guy has retired through injury, and is currently unfit, let's not waste any more time on him. He's not going to be good enough now, even if he does get in some way match fit.

Paul Slane is an interesting prospect, although the guy clearly has some amount of baggage! I suspect that's about trying to cushion the Riley blow, however.

To be fair to Roberts, did he suggest this after the Stenny game?

I'm halfway through Gerry's book and really enjoying it. Definitely a worthwhile read for most Ayr fans. The constant references to fan negativity in the stands and Internet forums are irritating but it's nice to get a bit of insight into matchday behind the scenes and some characters at the club.

Gerry's book only £4.72 on Amazon Kindle :thumsup2 You can download the Kindle app for your laptop or fone

I agree, I just wish he'd kept out the pish about the HP and the stuff that goes on here. Who cares what Thumper says? (Hiya Thumper, hiya pal)

HA! I once got called a c**t in Metal Hammer, but that would seem to top it.

Archived